1971 3.0CS Euro - Damaged during failed restoration - SOLD

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Plexus, please feel the vibe here. We see a pretty good Coupe that has just had some bad luck. That is over now. It is back with you. If you really want to jettison this car and the extra stress it brought you, well then $5k is available right now, it seems. But in my view, with all this support, I would try to locate more secure storage, and pack it away for a time. If you were willing to go as far as Niagara there surely must be some simple garage between Toronto and Southern Ontario that would rent for a reasonable amount. This E9 will always be worth at least $5K as-is. Put it away, let the scars heal. Allow some time to pass. I believe you may be very happy you still own it in the near future, and you can embark upon a proper restoration, using this incredibly helpful and knowledgeable team on this Forum. It is up to you, of course, best of luck with your choice! Mike

plexus

Reaction score
@bluecoupe30! Thanks for the advice. I think it would make sense to strive to keep the car if I were going to do the work on it myself at some point. Except the paint job. It stops making sense for me if I need to rely on someone else to do the body work. I can't say I would ever be in a position to do the work myself - I'd have to completely tool-up and have a space to work on it over a couple years. I don't see that happening. It makes more sense for someone who can do the work themselves, or otherwise would get a good deal on having it done. or just wants to spend the money to have it restored. On that point I am also not in a position to manage. So I am kind of backed into "the wall" of selling it.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
damned, if that car was in my "driving" range i was talking to you Plexus, over a cup of coffee , with my trailor behind daily.... :)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
You might also consider paying someone to "clean up" the surface rust and protect it . Which would take a lot of guessing away from its current state. Imagine that car in nice primer/sealer. What would it's value be then?

plexus

Reaction score
The car is sold. Thank you to everyone for your support and advice I really appreciate it. That's it for me. Maybe one day I will buy a restored ready to go CS but for now I just have to be satisfied with with my E39 V8 daily driver.

plexus

Reaction score
It was a friend of a guy on here. the guy on here owns one and he and his friend worked on it together. his friend is local and we met and discussed and settled on an offer of which he paid up front. he took delivery of the parts and next week he'll arrange to get the car. It's still a huge loss so I will consider legal options against the perpetrator. But at least the car will be worked on and hopefully soon back on the road.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear this.
Ideally this situation should have never of happened but it's testament to this Forum and it's members that it ended this way.
I hope the buyer will take you for a drive when it's finished :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It was a friend of a guy on here. the guy on here owns one and he and his friend worked on it together. his friend is local and we met and discussed and settled on an offer of which he paid up front. he took delivery of the parts and next week he'll arrange to get the car. It's still a huge loss so I will consider legal options against the perpetrator. But at least the car will be worked on and hopefully soon back on the road.
Does the buyer want both of those German license plates?
I would love one for my garage wall

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale. I understand the relief you must be feeling for getting past this situation. And you've helped a new owner get a good car for what I assume is a reasonable price. I thought long and hard about making you an offer. But I scared myself away when I looked into importing the car to the US. It may be an easy process, but because the car is partially taken apart, I built-up a concern that it may be held up at the border.

I hope the new owner posts the restoration here - it will be great to watch and discuss.