1969 2800cs in Maryland for sale

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A DC Metro member is supposed to take a look. I spoke with the owner about a week and a half ago. He seems like a nice guy. Honest about what he has, albeit not the most knowledgeable about e9’s. He is openly flipping the car.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dealer-installed fender insulation? Never seen that kind before:

00z0z_46joRBdlkUb_1200x900.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At first these were expensive elegant cars. Today they are sought after, cool, collector cars.
At a certain point in between, they were simply old cars that those who could not afford new, bought. As a cheap used car, people did what they did in the age “great sound systems” in cars which was often to stick a speaker anyplace it would fit. Doors were a common target.
All the rage then, anathema now

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, 80s and 90s, it was all about stereos (since technology has improved since the 60s/70s obviously), and not so much about horsepower.

I did the same thing (1987) on my front plastic door panels on my '70 challenger, only because I knew I could buy used replacements everywhere.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ya, 80s and 90s, it was all about stereos (since technology has improved since the 60s/70s obviously), and not so much about horsepower.

I did the same thing (1987) on my front plastic door panels on my '70 challenger, only because I knew I could buy used replacements everywhere.
Now we all use Jambox or the like Bluetooth to Pandora or Spotify