• Tapatalk is being removed immediately. There are security issues and there is no justification for having it anymore. I apolgize to those die-hard Tapatalk users but you'll need to start using the forums mobile version instead.

1969 2800 E3 - Bringing "The White Car" back to life!

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've done some body work over the years but not enough to be efficient. I'm patient with it because I know I'm not good at it. My biggest problem is, I buy cars all day every day and my eye is trained to find flaws, so I can't walk up to any car without seeing every ding, paint mismatch, incorrect gap, you name it. I can spot bad body work from 50 feet away. It sucks. LOL
Then I’m glad we are so far away from each other!!! Lololol

dang

Administrator
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I found out why E3's always rust in the same spot on the rear wheel arch. The sealer used in the trunk between the inner structure and outer skin retains moisture and leads to rust. Maybe this is common knowledge but I always thought it was a strange place for rust.

Attachments

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes! Even though the points that we're already in the distributor adjusted fine with a dwell meter I replaced them and it fixed the misfire. Engine purrs now. Awesome, now I can move on.

I roughed out the body work on the damaged side but ran out of welding wire when working on the rust repair. More wire on the way.

Starting to think about the suspension now. The struts will need adapter plates since I'm using a system from a Lexus. @Mike Goble has some front spindles that I can modify and I should be able to install the whole system with very little or no mods to the car.

Attachments