1969 2800 E3 - Bringing "The White Car" back to life!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't saying you don't need the pusher (with A/C I think you do) just making sure that there is not another problem somewhere that is causing the car to run hot.
Definitely one of those times when there could be several different root causes and I hate just throwing things at it and hoping for the best. The radiator had issues so I'm okay with changing that. The thermostat looked like it was 50 years old so that's checked off. Once I get it on the road again I'll reassess. For all I know it could be a faulty temp gauge. LOL

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a great study in overheating diagnoses/possibilities/fixes. Will be interesting to discover just what the root cause may be, and what solution solved it. Carry on Dan, we are intrigued. :cool:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
When do we get to see it with the Style 5's?
I put tires on them and they're ready to go on but I've decided to wait until I'm done with the suspension, and they may get pushed out since I need to do some construction projects on my list this summer. Unfortunately they all require lumber. :rolleyes:

rblongboarder

Reaction score
Does this car ever appear at the SoCal Vintage BMW show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys or at the Laguna Seca historics ?

I'd love to get a chance to see it - I own an 1970 2800 E3 and would love to see a restored early model E3 in person...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does this car ever appear at the SoCal Vintage BMW show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys or at the Laguna Seca historics ?

I'd love to get a chance to see it - I own an 1970 2800 E3 and would love to see a restored early model E3 in person...
Nope, it's only viewed in my garage in Roseville or the local cars and coffee. ;)