SOLD! 1965 (pre-Nardi) Personal Collaudo steering wheel w/ BMW hub & horn

bluebmw

Reaction score
SOLD!

Super early Personal steering wheel, 1965 date stamp, pre-Nardi merger. Complete with BMW E9/E3/2002 hub and horn button. 400mm diameter.

Overall good driver condition, or an easy DIY restoration project for those bored in quarantine. Spokes are polished but show some pitting - could be wet sanded and polished out if desired. Wood looks to have been DIY refinished at some point - OK for a driver but for a restoration you’d probably want to sand and re-varnish it. Hub is in great condition, I believe the finish/paint is original. Horn button has one small chip as pictured. The metal horn button shroud appears scuffed - could be painted or leave as-is for a driver. Missing the screws that holds the horn button assembly to the wheel, but any small bolt/nut combo should work.

Similar early Personal wheels sell for $400-$800 without horn and hub. Considering it could use some TLC, I’m asking just $480 including the horn and hub. If the wheel doesn't sell, I will probably refinish it and ask bit more.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s a cool looking wheel! Based on what I see in the photos, I think it looks better with that nice patina than if it was “restored”. Only thing I would change is to replace that blue logo with a “standard” one.
GLWTS