1965 2000 c

CarSnob

Reaction score
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/3231045756.html

PLEASE HELP ME SAVE THIS CAR!

Here's a little background info, I'm not the seller, but I went to look at the car today so I have some more detailed info than what is provided.
-Its a 2000C, not a CS.
-Its a 1965, not a 1967.
-The car is currently disassembled, even more than it is in the pictures, so the glass is out, the tail lights are off, the mirrors, some trim, etc.
-The car is generally solid, but there is some rust in the usual places. That said, the only place that looks like it has a major issue is the drivers side rear tower.
-The motor turns over by hand
-The car has been converted to an automatic transmission.
-It has been repainted, but in the original color.
-The seller has all of the parts that were removed. Including the dash, tail lights, rear bumper, etc.
-The seller lost his storage, so this car has less than a week to get out before it goes to (gasp) a crusher.
-It can't hurt to make an offer, he's a motivated seller and a pretty nice guy, so I think he would drop his price if someone really showed interest. YOU, yes you, could scoop this for a real bargain.
-I have some extra pictures I just took today if anyone wants some more shots.

I really feel terrible that I can't take it, but I'm 18 and I don't have anywhere to put another project. In my opinion, this would be an AWESOME car to race-prep and take to the track, but again; not enough money, not enough room, not enough time. By the way, I already own a 2000CS, so I'm pretty familiar with the problems as far as rust and other things go and this car is not terrible, especially for such a low price. I'd rather not see this one get crushed. Please help.