1957 BMW 503 Coupe

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sold on BaT 6 months ago for $270K. Why the quick flip? Will be interesting to see where it lands.
My favorite vintage BMW.

Discussed here:

Motorsport

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold on BaT 6 months ago for $270K. Why the quick flip? Will be interesting to see where it lands.
My favorite vintage BMW.

Discussed here:

Strange thing that the seller was the third highest bidder on the previous BaT auction and now claims that the winning bidder (now owner), is a client who commissioned the car to him.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In my opinion, $270 was an excellent price for this Series 1 503 Sunroof Coupe, the H pattern 4-on-tree is a bit awkward.
The Series II 503s with the center stick shift are worth $30-$50K more for the same Sunroof Coupe.
The Cabriolets are worth more for both Series I & Series II being the most valuable with one selling for just over $500K at auction several years ago on a $650K restoration.

Several years ago now, a Series 1 Cabriolet in need of a full restoration was purchased by someone on the West Coast for $250K. I thought it would be closer to $150K though my offer was only $100K.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
since i have been out of pocket hiking / walking out west (grand canyon and other places) ... i missed this auction. what a beautiful car. truly love this model.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Low reserve. Well bought at $200k?
Seller took a hit well over $70K.
Could buy a nice e9 for that.

starcruiser

Reaction score
Here is another older 503 coupe for sale on BaT.
Perhaps this sale will be better for the owner, not losing $70K