'09 Mini Cooper Clubman warning light

Rod Cole

Reaction score
My wife just got back from not passing inspection. I forgot those warning lights can not be on and still pass. What I have is a symbol of the car on the lift, and the word brake. The rear pads and discs I just replaced, front was done late winter & the E-brake works perfect.
So, how do we get the light out - I need a sticker!!!!

Rod Cole

Reaction score
That'll be the lift check light (i believe for underbody inspection). AFAIK minis (and modern bmws) don't just use mileage to determine servicing intervals but also how it is driven. Sounds like the brake pad replacement interval just needs to be reset.

See below for a guide

https://new.minimania.com/Resetting_the_Brake_Wear_Service_Light
I followed what they say, did it quite a number of times - seems to say the "reset interval" is reset (shows a future date) however I still have a "red" brake light and the car on an "amber" lift.
Is it possible I need that wire they call a sensor? Or are there other procedures?

Rod Cole

Reaction score
Further investigation told me it's a must to replace the sensor wires, which I did but both lights stay on. Thinking I need a code reader, has anyone got an opinion on this one, at about 200 bucks?
ZR13 OBD2 Code Reader with ABS/SRS/FixAssist®
Zurich.gif