W&N Grilles now available

m_thompson

Reaction score
I just ordered a set and got the 25 Euro discount.
I bought a set of black ones 30+ years ago when the chrome ones were NLA. I had the idea of getting aluminum sputtered on them and painting them with clear. Never happened, so they will need a new home.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI--Contacted W & N and got a reply in a few hours-The chrome new ones are plastic. Interesting that they are more expensive than the black metal ones.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
My mistake! I thought the black ones on my car were metal. I take that they were always plastic,either chrome or matte black?

CharlesJ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Order mine the other day, tracking shows them as getting here on Friday. Will report back if I am the first to get them.

Also will have a full set of decent but faded silver ones, and brand new in bags OEM black ones for sale.

As for which came on which VIN, the book I looked at had that info, but unfortunately it wasn't my book. Belongs to a local E9 owner that moved away.

CharlesJ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just received mine. Initial assessment is they look solid and good. You can distinguish from Oem in that the contour of the fins on the backside is slightly different. Not sure how visible this will be once mounted, but it may mean the the fenders grills do not follow the indent in the metal as tightly.

Other than that, looks great, pleased so far.
IMG_7746.jpg
IMG_7747.jpg
IMG_7748.jpg
IMG_7749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlesJ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your pics make them appear to be both shorter and longer than the originals, are they dimensionally accurate?

I noticed that too, but when you put them fin to fin, the dimensions are the same. Just a visual trick of some sort. The only variation was angle and starting point of where the fins get deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My shop guys are satisfied with the quality and fit of the grills. No discrepancies noted.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i will have a new set of side grilles next week and i have a new set of BMW side grilles that i can compare them to.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Likewise. New ones to arrive this week. I can compare to a decent set of originals. I trust these are a good fitment and quality. :)

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered and received their W&N bonnet/Hood grills in black? They look a bit glossy on the site and was hoping they would match the original side grills that are satin/matt.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered and received their W&N bonnet/Hood grills in black? They look a bit glossy on the site and was hoping they would match the original side grills that are satin/matt.

...I'm very happy with mine and they seem more "robust" than the originals . Just grateful that Walloths are meeting a need (again ) that BMW seems unwilling to meet. If the new grilles seem glossy, it may be because the originals are old and faded...and made of rice paper . My 2 cents .