A Petri wheel for a good cause

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, this steering wheel is being sold to benefit Chris Macha's daughter and her young family who have been the tragic victims of the terrible Californian wild fires. See the thread in the Off Topic section. I only just saw the thread today or I would have acted sooner.

100% of the proceeds from the sale of this wheel will go to the Macha family. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you don't like it, ship it back and I will still send the money to the family. Also, if this isn't sold in 24 hours, I will buy it myself.

The wheel in question is a 38cm Petri in excellent condition. I would describe it as a solid 8/10, maybe 8.5/10. With a small amount of work/elbow grease, it could be a 9/10 wheel. I honestly think if you repainted the black center ring, this wheel could go in a top quality concours car. There is a tiny, barely noticeable scratch by the inner edge of the center hole on the right hand spoke. It is so minor that I didn't even notice it myself until I took the photos of the wheel a few minutes ago. There is also a small crack in the plastic hub cover that I super-glued. It is absolutely not visible when the wheel is installed.

The hub itself is a genuine E9 hub, as is the cover, and the horn is a genuine Petri horn.

This is a really nice steering wheel that I have no need for. I think it is worth AT LEAST $1,200, complete with a the correct E9 hub and cover.

PM or email me at [email protected] if interested. Again, satisfaction guaranteed. If you were even thinking about a Petri for your E9, think how good it will make you feel every time you look at it that the money you spent on the wheel went to a great cause:)

111618dm1.jpg

The rim is in excellent shape and overall the wheel is in excellent condition. With very little work it could be in superb condition.

111618dm3.jpg

Note tiny scratch at the top of the center hole in the RH spoke.

111618dm2.jpg

Small crack that has been super glued. Not visible when wheel is installed.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow!! Dan, this is very generous of you! Unbelievable! I've been considering putting a Petri in my coupe for years, you just made the decision a lot easier. PM sent.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, the wheel is now sold, thank you all very much. I know the Macha family is very grateful. The new keeper is a brand new E9 owner and forum member (welcome Gary), already known to several on the forum.

Although I am glad that Gary bought the wheel, and I know it is going to a good home, I have been genuinely moved by the messages I have received away from the forum from caring BMW folk who did not need the wheel, but were ready to buy it to support the Macha family. I could have sold the wheel many times over to people who didn't need it, and that warms my heart. Chris, your daughter and her family have several guardian angels on this forum.

Thanks to Scott and Arde for offering to buy it just to sell it again, and thanks to the rest of you who tried to buy it just because it was the right thing to do. You all know who you are, and I appreciate your kindness.

Onward and upward and cheers to all!
Dan

PS. Gary tells me that none other than Chris Macha checked out his car before he bought it. How's that for karma?

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan, you are a good soul.
Sinscere respect towards the Macha family and what they are going thru (and all those who lost their homes) and for people like your self who go beyond the normal to show that WE are not alone!
Fantastic.......
Keshav

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks again for your generosity Dan.

I can assure you that your wheel is going to a good home. Gary is a long time true BMW guy who finally got an e9 as well as a truly outstanding human being.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

i am happy to sell you a third of one of mine ... something that you can own but never touch ...