Show your...Steering wheel(s)

Orangener

Reaction score
Hi Keshav, servus ! The pic with the Clarion Tower is a bit older, now I have a Blaupunkt Frankfurt, as you see on the picture above. More period correct, with a port on the DIN socket for my mobilephone so I can play my favorite music

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I think I’ve finally joined the club as they say. I love my CSi wheel but with the help of a member here I now have a 40cm Petri. I had it recovered with new leather, grip is nice and tight and I think we did a decent job of matching the stitching. Just need to install it in the coupe.

07C75736-4F71-4977-95F0-B728AE8C0F89.jpeg
9D3CE9EE-E08F-47FF-AFCB-5BB2C4A7BBFB.jpeg
B7F3CCAF-F76E-45E9-A030-C85E814AD6B6.jpeg
76B9DAD5-5992-4FCA-BFF0-A4DDB51D6574.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Resistance is futile! Looks great

Well, I think I’ve finally joined the club as they say. I love my CSi wheel but with the help of a member here I now have a 40cm Petri. I had it recovered with new leather, grip is nice and tight and I think we did a decent job of matching the stitching. Just need to install it in the coupe.

Haseeb

Reaction score
There's a car I was considering buying and the buyer sent me this shot, does anyone recognize this steering wheel/is it of any value? Looks THICK compared to the stock ones lmao

Attachments

• IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 349

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
There's a car I was considering buying and the buyer sent me this shot, does anyone recognize this steering wheel/is it of any value? Looks THICK compared to the stock ones lmao

It has a lot of characteristics of a BWA wheel but I don't recognize it. I would assert that it is worth nothing, due to the style, small diameter, grip size, and due to it being unrecognizable.

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Not sure if it is actually thick(er) than a stock wheel - or if it appears thick because the wheel is so darn tiny, the grip appears thicker relative to the diameter. I'd be surprised if it is greater than 10" (25cm). Good luck!!!

The easiest way to tell would be be to ask for pics of any marking on the front or back of course, but even a decent picture of the hub bolt pattern would be a good clue. It reminds me of a Personal wheel - even the horn button shape looks like a Personal hb, but the bolt pattern is different. My guess for the size would be 320mm, for a 250mm you would need some Popeye arms for in a coupe

F2F0D261-48F3-4515-BE02-D593089DCB8D.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The easiest way to tell would be be to ask for pics of any marking on the front or back of course, but even a decent picture of the hub bolt pattern would be a good clue. It reminds me of a Personal wheel - even the horn button shape looks like a Personal hb, but the bolt pattern is different. My guess for the size would be 320mm, for a 250mm you would need some Popeye arms for in a coupe

It also has a single hole in each spoke...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@ablank135 ,

Your car is lovely! My brother sent me pictures of it from an IL car show last year. You should snap a closeup of the radio and post in the 'show your radios' thread! Then do the same for the motor! :D

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks good Andrew? Who did the work? I need to recover the same wheel.

I sent it to Hans Wortelboer in the Netherlands. He sourced a missing horn button and had, I believe, a German craftsman re-wrap it. It was pretty rough when I bought it back in May from a friend in Oklahoma.

Before.jpg
Before Horn Button.jpg
Before Hub.jpg
Before Serial Number.jpg