5 x MAHLE BBS ET22 ALLOYS 6 1/2 x 14H2-B RIMS VALUE?

Dynamique 76

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've pulled a set of 5x Mahle BBS ET22 Alloy Rims (6 1/2 x 14 H2-B) from my late 75 euro, and wondering what they might be worth?

I believe they were stock on the car, but don't want to overstate if someone knows otherwise. The are in good shape structurally, with no curb rash or deep dings. They could use some refurbishing, as 4 of them look like they were chromed and are starting to flake a bit in a few places. 4 of them also have BMW center badges.

I'm probably looking to sell, so if anyone has a better idea of what's a fair price, I'd appreciate the sage advice.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_8372.JPG
    IMG_8372.JPG
    476.4 KB · Views: 1,027
  • IMG_8373.jpg
    IMG_8373.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_8374.jpg
    IMG_8374.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_8379.JPG
    IMG_8379.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_8381.jpg
    IMG_8381.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 456

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would value them in their current state at about $200 because you have a spare wheel.

Before going down a path to refinish them, keep your market in mind. Although BBS Mahle’s were a factory option for CSL, those were an older design than these wheels. 14” wheels are desirable for owners looking for originality.

These wheels are original to e24’s. You need to find an e24 owner who wants 14’s and is willing to pay for restored wheels. If selling them out right (unrestored) I would focus locally. It will cost $80 - $100 to ship the wheels snail mail.

I would value them at $600 - $800 restored, which is likely less then the cost to have them dechromed and restored in paint or powder.

Keep in mind the most e24 owners (like e9) spend their wheel fund on a 16” Alpina or BBS wheel. Without going into details, I buy and sell a lot of parts and I tend to avoid the e24 crowd. To be polite, it is a buyer’s market.

Reactions: JDH

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keep in mind the most e24 owners (like e9) spend their wheel fund on a 16” Alpina or BBS wheel. Without going into details, I buy and sell a lot of parts and I tend to avoid the e24 crowd. To be polite, it is a buyer’s market.

Not all of us :) 14 x 7 Alpina 225/60
6F67CF14-CB2D-4A66-B080-9C8E4023037C_zps6hvcza9l.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not all of us :) 14 x 7 Alpina 225/60
View attachment 47502

Hey I was talking about e24 owners. :) I’ll stand by the statement in the context of e9 buyers however. The majority of e9 owners with the intention of changing wheels (aka wheel find) upgrade in size. If they aren’t spending money on wheels, they are sticking with factory 14’s.

Then like you, there is a small percentage of classy e9 owners after rare 14” Alpinas or the 10 hole versions that can be bought new.

I’m still after a set of 14” Alpina wheels. The ones
I want have “some assembly required”.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
603786B1-953E-4231-AFF8-A315C11F2ABA.jpeg
C7AAC895-CF7F-42C4-90E5-9587D6E99514.jpeg
402E7172-9241-4E5F-905D-7D005AAD094D.jpeg
Talking about fat tyres..... these are ultra cool specially if you have the chrome arches. What a stance! 225’s on 14’s :)

Teej

Reaction score
How do you determine originality for CSL era mahles? I’m curious because I’m running 14s
Thanks.

daddywad

Reaction score
sorry guys, I must make the effort to reproduce these Alpinas this year as previously promised. too many things to do
Mark

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How do you determine originality for CSL era mahles? I’m curious because I’m running 14s
Thanks.

As far as I know, Mahle‘s were optional rims for Csl’s but most definitely 7x14 and not 6.5. And I believe the rims had the info details/ size, brand, kba# etc visible on the surface, like in the pic.

Attachments

• 21BDD281-78AE-448B-9CE4-D95A9D2624BC.jpeg
    21BDD281-78AE-448B-9CE4-D95A9D2624BC.jpeg
    675.4 KB · Views: 602

Teej

Reaction score
As far as I know, Mahle‘s were optional rims for Csl’s but most definitely 7x14 and not 6.5. And I believe the rims had the info details/ size, brand, kba# etc visible on the surface, like in the pic.
sweet, thanks.

mine all have those markings. now, how to figure out if they came with the car... I need to get around to taking a photo of the engine block number for the email to bmw to try and get the originality cert.. I know the number matches the vin, just haven't been able to take a photo of it.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Bmw certificate will almost definitely not specify which rims the car had upon delivery. Another Csl owner also bought his original car with the Mahle’s but also had the correct and original Alpina 7x14 rims along.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rolled fenders all round?

I really don’t think that you need to roll the fenders to fit 225’s in the rear with an 7” ET11 wheel. I suppose everyone ‘s results vary but I would certainly verify before rolling. I’m running 235’s without rubbing on 8” ET20 (which is effectively the same on the fender side as 7” ET11). In general, the rear wheel well has gobs of space.

Also, as you can see in the Turkis pic above the car is running 225’s and the CSL arches aren’t rollled.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've pulled a set of 5x Mahle BBS ET22 Alloy Rims (6 1/2 x 14 H2-B) from my late 75 euro, and wondering what they might be worth?

I believe they were stock on the car, but don't want to overstate if someone knows otherwise. The are in good shape structurally, with no curb rash or deep dings. They could use some refurbishing, as 4 of them look like they were chromed and are starting to flake a bit in a few places. 4 of them also have BMW center badges.

I'm probably looking to sell, so if anyone has a better idea of what's a fair price, I'd appreciate the sage advice.

Thanks in advance.

I bought 4x correct stamped original 14"x7" BBS Mahle rims about 2 years ago for US$75 each with tyres and centre caps. A few bits of pitting on the centre metal part near the lug holes but otherwise good condition. (I plan to get them fully refurbished). I recently spoke to Frank F (the BMW wheel guru) and he said I was lucky to have also got the original metal centre caps which were in great condition. These centres are NLA and if ever they come up second hand, they are apparently very expensive. (Most people go with plastic repo centre caps on period Mahles if they have lost the metal ones)

So it is good that your wheels have the correct original centre caps as this helps value.

soxrus

Reaction score
Stop posting those wheels! I need as few people as possible interested in these wheels. ;)

I have a set (at least 4 maybe 5) of these Alpina centers (aluminum) ... even have some in racing Magnesium (not suitable for street use anymore)

PM me if your interested ... mine will need Wheel halves but are ORIGINAL Alpina centers. Expensive but here in the US and can be bought !?!?

Be Safe All, Jimmy B.