Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E3FBD515-BC39-47E3-9DFE-267589B745F5.jpeg
A91B4B32-DF79-4EE1-9D5E-01CB2A596F0B.jpeg
Always something pretty to look at...

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well - if you look to the left... and see the little pic of the Coupe (in my driveway)....
THAT is the Coupe that is now missing all its paint (and damn near everything else too LOL)
I went down to SF yesterday to see how the project was going.

These cars are the definition of 'slippery slope' as far as what can happen when you open the door to doing work.
I go down for a new engine and trans... a bit of rust is found and then some more and then... oh well... :)

I already had a garage queen at home (a fully restored Mustang).
Looks like I will get a new fully restored Coupe as well.

I'll post details later - but... So far, I am happy with all that has been going on.

Thanks Don-
FYI - It was snowing up in Seattle this morning. LOL - talk about crazy weather.

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the door's midline is too sharp plus it has to line up with the quarter panel ( hung) before priming.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well - if you look to the left... and see the little pic of the Coupe (in my driveway)....
THAT is the Coupe that is now missing all its paint (and damn near everything else too LOL)
I went down to SF yesterday to see how the project was going.

These cars are the definition of 'slippery slope' as far as what can happen when you open the door to doing work.
I go down for a new engine and trans... a bit of rust is found and then some more and then... oh well... :)

I already had a garage queen at home (a fully restored Mustang).
Looks like I will get a new fully restored Coupe as well.

I'll post details later - but... So far, I am happy with all that has been going on.

Thanks Don-
FYI - It was snowing up in Seattle this morning. LOL - talk about crazy weather.

Slippery slope, but you have one of the best working on it, so I'm absolutely sure you'll love the result:)
We all want more pics!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the door's midline is too sharp plus it has to line up with the quarter panel ( hung) before priming.

Easier to take the ridge down then to add later. I suspect that they're going to make the adjustment before painting..

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m agreeing with autowerks on this..
The body line is sharp.
Im having the prep guy coming to my shop to look at the other 10 cars to make sure it’s correct. And I’m calling in favors from you guys here for your comments!

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
The unpainted new door panels on the W&N website seem to have very sharp lines (especially noticeable on the photo for the aluminum version).

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
The amount of filler on the edge of the door was the give away for sharp lines, also if you see pin holes in the filler have them add a table spoon of Fiber Glass Resin to each filler batch they are using, it will take care of pin holes.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Easier to take the ridge down then to add later. I suspect that they're going to make the adjustment before painting..

Exactly the response I got from the owner of the shop.