restoration example ?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Mark, it's kind of a joke.... do you have any idea of how much work this involves ??? i can only appreciate people going that way ! crazy people.. :D

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know, but people do it
I remember a long time ago in a Road & Track some one put a Rabbit body on a 928
They had to make the body wider, so they had to custom make a windshield!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, what a driven mad scientist. Amazing perseverance.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i think he made a mistake with the flat fan shroud... as we have seen , those fans give wind to compare that at 35 mph ? so above that speed they do almost nothing... now he has only the 2 openings of the fans to work .
They should be bolt directly to the radiator and keep the complete finned part at least open to driving wind.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
My brother sent me this and I told him the same thing
And I don't think it would help the fan

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see these creations at Concours de Lemons events. I marvel at the patience and vision, let alone the engineering skills and funding these one-offs require. I have come to respect the passion shown and choose not to judge. I mean, if someone wants to resurrect a classic, whatever, from a swamp, and is proud of all the hours invested and the result, great. At the same time, these wizards, with their idea of a transformation of something automotive, should also get some recognition for piecing their version of a dream car, back together. Mike

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see these creations at Concours de Lemons events. I marvel at the patience and vision, let alone the engineering skills and funding these one-offs require. I have come to respect the passion shown and choose not to judge. I mean, if someone wants to resurrect a classic, whatever, from a swamp, and is proud of all the hours invested and the result, great. At the same time, these wizards, with their idea of a transformation of something automotive, should also get some recognition for piecing their version of a dream car, back together. Mike

I can also appreciate both. Here is a great thread that I followed from the beginning. A restoration of a 1932 Ruxton from a guy not unlike many of us (okay maybe Barry is a wizard). He also owns an e32. :)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6206837-1932-Ruxton-build-thread-or-quot-How-I-became-an-unwitting-restorer-quot