72 Verona CS at Bonhams

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Will be selling at their one day auction on Thursday. No reserve with a US$ 50,000 - 70,000 estimate. A friend who is there for the week sent me a text with image. He didn't look inside or under the hood but said he might go back later.

Seems like a high estimate for a car that has some needs. Also unusual to see a US car with no A/C and manual windows. Will be watching as this is near twin to my first E9, 2240349.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24452/lot/23/?category=list&length=10&page=3

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Man Bill this thing has been for sale for 2+ years! I think the right Verona for you is in Alaska! :D

Someone should sneak in there and nab this car for a low price. I'm not sure what they set the starting bid on this one at, but given the poor track record perhaps someone can get it for a steal.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Although it doesn't seem to be fit up well on this car, I am a sucker for the front grill guards. Especially on the 2002's.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
for sure my favorite color , red with black interior ! and seeing problems/costs with our electric windows i even prefer manual on a E9 or any "oldtimer".

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
RIght, who can forget that car w/the front bumper guards. She looks pretty good, which makes one wonder why it has been for sale for so long. Guess up close, she ain't all that. IIRC, the used car lot (forgot the name of it) was trying to sell it for $58k or thereabouts.

If no sign of rust, then would be a good buy, including commission, at under $40k.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well over 2 years. it has also been on ebay multiple times. if memory serves, it was posted at 53k or something like that the last time it was listed ... and surprise, no sale.

rwolak

Reaction score
A beautiful CS just sold at BJ for $40k. Looked like a much nicer car than the Verona.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that price included the buyer's premium. so it sold for less than 40k (hammer price) ... but yes, in the long haul Hyman took a bath ... especially considering it took close to 3 years to part with.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this car up close? WOndering if it's any better/worse than the BJ $40k car that I guess has numerous issues rust-wise.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this car up close? WOndering if it's any better/worse than the BJ $40k car that I guess has numerous issues rust-wise.

It is about the same. The 3k$ is a celebrity premium for the Verona color. Everybody wants to be an Arde impersonator. Here is the original, touched up paint and light buff last week...

Extra credit if you can identify the photo location and its celebrity story.

Attachments

• IMG_1339 copy.jpg
    IMG_1339 copy.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 165

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score