WTB cloisonné c-pillar badges

climbernyc

Reaction score
I have the cheap plastic ones, not fitting for my mostly original coupe. Would also like an early BMW CCA grill badge (non repro)
Please PM me if you have any!

Many thanks,

Eric

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You might try Connor at Vintage Autobahn, he may have those cloisonne Roundels. https://vintageautobahn.wordpress.com/ It is hard to find them in good condition, though. I have some that aren't very presentable...

Ed

Just a heads up, you can sand the badges with very fine grit sandpaper...

I spent a couple of minutes testing to see if I could wet sand the emblems with 1500 grit paper, and had good results. The rear emblem is the Before look and the front emblem is the After. Don't laugh but I used WD-40 as the liquid while sanding. When it comes time to seriously restore the emblems, I'll go up to 3,000 grit.
29982247484_c1eb3c0c3a_b.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No kidding?? I will definitely try that! Mine are in poor shape.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
No kidding?? I will definitely try that! Mine are in poor shape.

Yeah if you think about it, you are dealing with glass and metal, both of which can be polished. A polishing compound would probably remove the fine sanding marks as well. I was just tinkering but a little more elbow grease would net some great results.

climbernyc

Reaction score
Emailed Connor but no response. Does anyone else have any for sale?
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have the cheap plastic ones, not fitting for my mostly original coupe. Would also like an early BMW CCA grill badge (non repro)
Please PM me if you have any!

Many thanks,

Eric
Hi. Just saw a pair on Ebay for 58 Dollars. Not sure if they are the oem or the plastic.
Koopman

climbernyc

Reaction score
Thanks Bmachine. Harry, I couldn't find any on eBay. Do you have the listing number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
To my surprise , I ordered them from BMW dealer as a new piece . They were not cheap about $64 .... They arrived few weeks later.... from Germany he said. I opened the box excitedly. They looked fine. Put it back into the small white box noticed the small golden sticker that said "made in china"...???!!!!!
I hope it is just the box that is made in china...
:confused:

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Was the color of the new one ok? When I ordered one from W&N last year, the blue was slightly violet and enough of a mis-match that the damaged old one went back on the car.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Was the color of the new one ok? When I ordered one from W&N last year, the blue was slightly violet and enough of a mis-match that the damaged old one went back on the car.
When I get home I will take photos of the new and old one side by side and post it here. I was actually sureprised to see the made in china on the box because they look pretty good . It fooled me as original ... may be with some of other things we hear that some old NLA parts are going into production and instanses like this may be indicators that BMW is actually going to reproduce some of the NLA in Far East Asia.
We will find out I guess
Best wishes!