Best wishes for our e9 friend / meilleurs voeux pour Jean-Luc

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Many of us have seen the remarkable work of our e9 friend Jean-Luc over in France. I regard him as the sfDon of that part of the world.

Here are some examples of his work.

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/30-cs.25615/#post-192246
https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/2-8-cs.25614/#post-192279
https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/electric-e9-1972-2-8-l-euro.21167/#post-154414
https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/bmw-e-9-2-8-cs.22269/#post-165063

He maintains a dedicated site in French called www.bmwoldschool.eu where he not only show his restorations but answers countless questions from other shade tree mechanics like many of us.

A couple of weeks ago, he posted a message saying that he found out he had cancer and the prospects were not good. His wife and his two boys were continuing a lot of the work on remaining customer's cars while he only did the mechanicals.

It is hard to post on that his site because you have to be a member but I will tell him to check this post.

Please join me in wishing him strength and luck in his toughest fight.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jean Luc,

So saddened to hear of your diagnosis. I hope the physicians treatments will be successful, and that you do not endure too much discomfort during those procedures. We send our best wishes and prayers for your successful battle with this onerous disease. WE NEED YOU to keep inspiring this e9 community.

I apologize for my inability to compose in Francais.

Gary

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Best wishes to you Jean Luc and to your family. Please be strong and remember that attitude is everything! Keep a positive state of mind, a healthy mind is a healthy body. Please keep us posted.

Jean Luc

Reaction score
Merci mes Amis de votre soutien , j'ai le moral pas de soucis mais je sais ausi que c'est un combat que je ne peux gagner car non guérrisable , mais quelques années/mois certainement . Amitié a tous .
Thank you, my friends for your support, I have no worries, but I know that this is a fight that I can not win because it is not warlike, but a few years / months certainly. Friendship to all.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jean Luc, I am a physician, and there is always hope. New cancer treatments are being developed every day. Maybe there is a university hospital near you where they are doing clinical trials for new treatments? I have a friend here who was diagnosed with stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the lung and was told she has nine months to live. That was six years ago. She is very frail and has not been able to work, but she has been able to watch her kids grow up. She will die from the disease, but every day with her kids is a gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would see Jean Luc's posts and think, "what is this crazy Frenchman up to now?" Some of his methods might not have matched what you might be used. Then, the finished job looked pretty damned good. Then you would think, "but look at the rest of the car, it is very daunting". After a while you would have confidence that he would see his projects through. I think he saved a lot of cars. Jean Luc is enthusiastic and proud of his work. You can tell he doesn't punch out at 5. Apply all your spirit to yourself now, Jean Luc. Best wishes for your future.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope you have many, many great days ahead Jean Luc. Salut, Bob.

Bouliac

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cher Jean-Luc,

Je me désole d'apprendre ces nouvelles malheureuses. Tu as tout mon soutien, et j'ai assez confiance dans la médecine française pour pourvoir espérer que tu t'en tires. Comme Aeronotix, j'ai l'intention ferme de passer à Rennes te voir l'été prochaine ! Courage et tiens bien, cher ami.

John à Montréal