73 @Autokennel

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Car shows very well, and appears to be well represented. At that price point I am sure some of our So Cal members in the Costa Mesa area are familliar with this coupe.

Gary

86M535I

flobloc

Reaction score
1972 3.0 CS at Autokennel (Costa Mesa)

I spent 1 1/2 hours inspecting this vehicle and talking with Jeff Tighe about it. The interior (everything 'red' & the headliner) needs to be re-done to make it SUPER nice, but it's pretty darn nice 'as-is'...

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
why is the trunk black?

painting just half the car seems kind of odd, and bubbles don't result from "prep". They always indicate some issue with the underlying surface (even if it's not rusted all the way thru ... yet).

Still, nice car, wish it had a sunroof and the red's kinda bright for my tastes (maybe the lighting)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Watermarks in the pictures make it difficult to look closely. Nice looking car, however.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like when they painted the lower half they painted the "splash guard" under the front bumper silver also. But the fact it is there seems to be a good sign about originality.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
painting just half the car seems kind of odd, and bubbles don't result from "prep". They always indicate some issue with the underlying surface (even if it's not rusted all the way thru ... yet).

Still, nice car, wish it had a sunroof and the red's kinda bright for my tastes (maybe the lighting)

+1 IMO Rockers need close scrutiny on this one.

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I spoke with the fella that worked on this car prior to it being marketed. He described it as a very solid car that was essentially rust free, but a little tired and really needing a restoration. He described it as an excellent candidate.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have seen rockers with covers removed, very clean indeed. I was surprised how clean the entire underside was too.