Anyone here an original CS Register member?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If so I have all the applications from back in the day. I am cleaning things out and before I throw them out I can look for your original letter/application and get it to you if interested. I just found mine for my first e9 in 1985, a time warp:

8FABDF25-6057-44D9-B732-02098A9362AC.jpeg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great find Steve. I will paypal you the cost of sending all of those treasured documents. Steve ONeill PO Box 61 Solebury PA 18963

If you took the time to read the typed letter you should know that my basic computer skills are still, well, basic.

So by 1986 Charlie Richardson was at the helm. I am sure some of you remember the legendary Art Wegweiser, father of Paul. Art started the CSRegistry, and what a grand time it was to be a coupe owner. Cars were cheap, parts were cheaper, paint and body work too. The classifieds' prices would make you weep. Affordable for drivers like me on a limited budget. The Polaris euro CS I paid $10,400. for in January of '88 took me to High Performance Driver's Schools all over the NE. By then it had a 3.3 liter seriously tricked out motor, custom stainless exhaust, suspension mods and a 5sp.

A grand time indeed.

thanks, Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris, I have a difficult time keeping it straight too. When I did a CSRegister badge run followed a couple of years later by a CSRegistry badge run, or was it the other way around, Marilyn Wegweiser cleared up the chronology. Should have had it tatooed on my wrist. Then there was the CSRegister/ry decal run with Autokunst. Don't remember which way that went down. My coupe with its badge and decal now lives in Chicago.

Surely someone must remember.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don’t remember writing an essay for my application.
When I joined in 1994 Art was running the registry. I have no recollection of Charlie. But I’m getting old so I can’t be relied upon.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some of the CS Register background is here, Charlie Richardson then Roger Wray then Wayne and Amy Lester and finally Art and Marilyn who changed it to CS Registry:

Paul Wegweiser

Reaction score
Great find Steve. I will paypal you the cost of sending all of those treasured documents. Steve ONeill PO Box 61 Solebury PA 18963

If you took the time to read the typed letter you should know that my basic computer skills are still, well, basic.

So by 1986 Charlie Richardson was at the helm. I am sure some of you remember the legendary Art Wegweiser, father of Paul. Art started the CSRegistry, and what a grand time it was to be a coupe owner. Cars were cheap, parts were cheaper, paint and body work too. The classifieds' prices would make you weep. Affordable for drivers like me on a limited budget. The Polaris euro CS I paid $10,400. for in January of '88 took me to High Performance Driver's Schools all over the NE. By then it had a 3.3 liter seriously tricked out motor, custom stainless exhaust, suspension mods and a 5sp.

A grand time indeed.

thanks, Steve
I believe after Charlie, Amy Lester ran the coupe club... followed by my father for a period in the late early 90s. My brother and I came across a huge pile of old CS Registry newsletters and mailed them to the E9 forum folks about 12+ years ago.

This is what I remember at least!

Paul Wegweiser
Wegweiser Classic BMW Services
Portersville PA

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
D.C. (originally from Northern California)
This is a fantastic post. It reminded me of the old times of reading the CS Registry for articles on E9 mods and repairs or looking for parts via Roundel classified ads and salvage yards in Northern California. I met Paul W. after I moved from California to the east coast for grad school. I used to purchase parts and get advise from his Dad prior to that move. Looking at this post had me do a check to see if I had a copy of my one page essay to join the CS Register . I did. Reading my intro letter to Roger Wray, some things have not changed in 30 years of coupe ownership. I still have E9 Coupe Fever!

By the way, as soon as I can, I’ll be posting an update regarding my engine /motronics/ transmission upgrades project since I have gotten my car out of the shop.
622A16FC-4498-4BF9-BE62-539CBA51BF66.jpeg

Attachments

• F9C30D36-61BB-4446-A15F-391AF16FC177.jpeg
    F9C30D36-61BB-4446-A15F-391AF16FC177.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 36

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’m not an original CS Register member, but the second owner of my car was Roger Wray mentioned by several of you. Roger owned it from 1993 to 1995 and applied the decal on my back window. Soon after my purchase in 2020, I called Roger and had a nice talk with him. He’s retired in Florida and has a 850CSi. Thanks to Roger, I have service records from 1972 and the original bill of sale. I wish I had a CS Register grill badge to match the back window.
1EDC1BBD-ABD9-4D9B-B3B2-4F5C67A6EF9F.jpeg

gwittman

Reaction score
I became a member from around the early to mid 80s. I went to a NASCR race at Riverside Raceway with my Coupe. As I was driving in Charlie (I think it was him) pulled me aside and asked me to join the CS Register. I thought it was a great thing and did join. I don't have any of the application forms but have an excessive amount the newsletters with great technical articles.

I think I still have the decals stored away somewhere. I already had a BMW ACA decal on my windshield and didn't like the idea of having too many decals on display.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I became a member from around the early to mid 80s. I went to a NASCR race at Riverside Raceway with my Coupe. As I was driving in Charlie (I think it was him) pulled me aside and asked me to join the CS Register. I thought it was a great thing and did join. I don't have any of the application forms but have an excessive amount the newsletters with great technical articles.

I think I still have the decals stored away somewhere. I already had a BMW ACA decal on my windshield and didn't like the idea of having too many decals on display.

You wrote quite an essay! If you’d like these, PM me your address.
33935DF6-936B-418F-8172-292D3D9A4178.jpeg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I was doing one of the two CSRegister badge runs, a guy from MI? wrote to say he had found an original badge behind the grill of his 2800CS. There were many stories like that.

jmackro

Reaction score
I was a member - I think it was the "CS Register" by the time that I joined. And my coupe still wears one of those window decals. Please see if Jay Mackro is in the pile of applications. I may have lived in Los Altos - or Iowa City - when I joined.

gwittman

Reaction score
You wrote quite an essay! If you’d like these, PM me your address.
Wow Steve, I didn't remember sending that information to Charlie. I am sure there are many other things I don't remember too. I am amazed it is still around. Yes, I would like to have it back. Maybe it can free up some space for you. I will PM my address to you. Thanks.

White-out sure does stand out on pink paper.