Who’s going to Monterey?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The IF was there in 2017, for the year of Isotta Fraschini, it was meant to go across the ramp, but sadly the engine had blown up on the tour. So could not be judged and was there just on display. Found out the engine had cracks as it had been a trailer queen for years before I purchased, so nobody had truly driven it more than a few hundred yards. The repairs on a cracked original 1928 engine have been horrendous, but seems we are good to go now.

Been following the amazing repair work on FB! Head on, head off, adjust, head on, head off, adjust. Rinse and repeat! :)

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Hi Chris

No, I was talking about my E9 in 2016, getting second in class for 100 years of BMW - BTW beaten by a 507 that had a $1M RM restoration (to me almost like a win:) ). Maybe it was Paul C who called me up that time.

I cannot tell you how chuffed/humbled I was, as this is the only time an E9 has been judged on the lawn at the PB concours and had some serious competition because BMW was the celebrated marque in 2016

View attachment 123934

The IF was there in 2017, for the year of Isotta Fraschini, it was meant to go across the ramp, but sadly the engine had blown up on the tour. So could not be judged and was there just on display. Found out the engine had cracks as it had been a trailer queen for years before I purchased, so nobody had truly driven it more than a few hundred yards.

The repairs on a cracked original 1928 engine have been horrendous, but seems we are good to go now.
2nd place to a 507 with a coupe, that’s a win.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Concours on the Avenue in Carmel
Little Car show in Pacific Grove
Tour d’Elegance in Carmel is free Pebble Beach.
all perennial favorites.
I’m also going to the Concours on the Avenue. There are so many people there it would be hard to randomly meet someone. I won’t be driving my E9 on Tuesday.

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So who is going to be at the track on Saturday to cheer Luigi on? I'm the ONLY BMW in a sea of air cooled track oilers in Group 5A. :(

Good luck at Pebble Peter. Fingers crossed.

I'll also be racing my Fischer Technik 2002 on Sunday, and taking one last drive in the old 1800Ti.

tempImageRMh8YZ.png

jmackro

Reaction score
adawil2002 said:
The Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance is on Ocean Avenue in Carmel.

Uh, hang on. There are traditionally two events in downtown Carmel during Car Week:

- The Concours on the Avenue, which takes place on Tuesday. That's happening this year, starting at 10:00. This is the event that the link in post #32 points to. Note that the event's own website, https://carmelconcours.com/ , indicates that proof of a Covid vaccination or a mask will be required for entry.

- The Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance, which takes place on Thursday, has traditionally included a lunch stop in Carmel with the cars parked along Ocean Avenue. The tour is happening this year, but I've heard that the stop in Carmel is not on the agenda. All it says on their website is: "The Tour begins in Pebble Beach, traces 17-Mile Drive, Highway One to Big Sur, and then returns to Pebble Beach to cross the Finish line." See: https://pebblebeachconcours.net/events/pebble-beach-tour-delegance/

Last edited:

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Take a look here...
TOOOOO many things going on to attend them all.... But these pages are a starting point...

https://whatsupmonterey.com/events/monterey-car-week

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What day is the Avenue event?

It is a smaller scale car show on the streets of Carmel-by-the-Sea. I was there in 2016. I'm talking with the chick in the black sweater who thought the water bottle in my "Ultimate Cup Holder" detracted from the look of my car. Doug Dolan and Peter Commaraswamy are behind Doug's car.

Notice that the distance between the cars, and the moderate crowds, make it a very enjoyable event.

CarmelByTheSea Concours.jpg

And the people watching is interesting too

20160816_153639.jpg
:

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
So who is going to be at the track on Saturday to cheer Luigi on? I'm the ONLY BMW in a sea of air cooled track oilers in Group 5A. :(

Good luck at Pebble Peter. Fingers crossed.

I'll also be racing my Fischer Technik 2002 on Sunday, and taking one last drive in the old 1800Ti.

View attachment 124013
Thanks Steve and good luck to you as well my friend

To anybody wanting to know about the Thursday Tour ending up in Carmel........not this year unfortunately.

We have been told Tour D'Elegence ends at the turn around and then everybody is on their own for lunch etc - so maybe the odd owner will go to Carmel, but without the ability to park in the middle of the street, most will probably decide its safer for their cars to return to wherever they will be being cleaned in prep for Sunday - mine will be going to my hotel car park where I will be the official cleaner of note :)

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter, I will see you at the half way point at Tehama along with Steve’s RSK. I also scored a ticket for my first ever visit to The Quail on Friday!

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Peter, I will see you at the half way point at Tehama along with Steve’s RSK. I also scored a ticket for my first ever visit to The Quail on Friday!
Look forward to it and you will enjoy The Quail mate