WTB Perfect Petri

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
and that brochure says available in matt black spokes

That’s right although extremely few of the black ones ever sold. With Csl 4 ring hub and cover. Alpina button is my add on.
860B4602-5A02-470B-A88F-6E7E4D96E6C5.jpeg
A379B476-C634-4A5F-B0BE-9C6625424659.jpeg

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The eBay seller from Spain is selling used Petri's, even the 38. Definitely not New Old Stock.
Most of the foams structure is gone, the bolts are new, the horn button has flaws and so on.
The 35's are a disgrace, he should be banned from the internet, lol.

A NOS Petri looks like this;
2.jpg
3.jpg

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I surely will except I have to say, I only know (first hand) of 3 others. These are most likely the rarest of all E9 wheels surely due to their matt chrome brethren who stole the show.
The GS CSL (one of the 5 Muskeltiere) which had all the ‘bright work‘ in black had this black Petri

F288AED1-5ED3-48EA-AD5A-64ABD36D5C37.jpeg
4810BE8C-86B5-43D5-B257-6E22082BE590.jpeg
B3EABC9B-DF75-4163-8515-6E625C5774FD.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the curiosity is, if petri made them, what happened to them? they didn't throw them away ... they had to have been sold + put on some cars somewhere.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What you say makes sense except they never seem to show up. The only one i ever came across i was lucky to get also due to most buyers wouldn't even know of their existence. The advert posted by Markos is another bit of proof. Was just my assumption that they didn’t sell due to the matt chrome ones which ofcourse sold like hot cakes. Whether Petri discarded the left overs when they stopped producing this style, probably so? I know a member here who has a brand new NOS one in the box which was a reassurance that they do infact exist and not just an fable.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did you see the link I posted under the brochure?
I just did......Danke dir! Trust you to find the Lenkrad shop :) incredible price for a NOS black wheel. That makes #4 on my known list. Thanks for authenticating that what most thought as odd!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are they annodized black or what is the finish?

Uh oh! I have officially hijacked your thread @Gazz. I pointed my bmw buddy with the petri to your post. @Hans and @Wladek are informed of your need, so I'm sure that someone will procure something nice for you. There is also a pretty nice 40 that has been on Kleinanzeigen for a bit. In general, it seems pretty easy to find a good 40.

If you find a free wheel, another local BMW buddy (and member) has a loose CS petri hub and button. He has a 40 also, but it is bent.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The GS CSL (one of the 5 Muskeltiere) which had all the ‘bright work‘ in black had this black Petri

This is the only car that is allowed to have black inner fenders!

"Officially highjacked" Well not much I can do about that!

How badly bent is it?

The bent petri isn’t for sale AFAIK. just saying that there may be a hub around if you find a bare wheel. I’m not really adding much to this thread. :)

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would have thought the Ital Volantes with the big rubber center section would command big prices from their history on Motorsports Coupes. Is this the case?