Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Swapped Steering wheels from the 1965 Personal 400mm to the Petri 400mm.

1965 Personal 400mm copy.jpg
Petri 400mm.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove Athena out to VSR. Her first drive of the 2019 season. Along the way she started running a bit rough, I attribute it to the original distributor, lower trigger points, points and condenser. Since we went back to the 45 year old distributor I could feel the 'pulse' of the distributor spinning. Glad this was just to get me home and back to VSR. No way I'd venture far with that setup.

As for the 123 that was sent out due to oil migration into the cap. Athena's 123 has 30K miles on it. Vern's has been rebuilt every 16K miles and has been rebuilt twice.

Ray Koke sent an e-mail to 123 in USA & Europe. Their reply to Ray was "Oil migration is due to too much crankcase back pressure." Ray politely let them know that the Bosch Distributors have millings to force oil down the distributor shaft, the 123 is smooth and oil migration is left to an O-ring. He suggested they mill the shafts like the Bosch. They maintain there is no manufacturing defect. My thoughts are, it's a great product yet it has this problem, it is a huge improvement over a points & condenser 40-50 year old tired distributor. Anyone running a 123, will most likely need it rebuilt between 16K-30K miles. Your mileage may vary.

That's Athena in the background.
Vern & Athena VSR 4:19:19.jpg

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I drove Athena out to VSR 2 weeks ago. Along the way it felt like the points were not opening and she developed a stumble. Changed back to the 123, she wouldn’t start. Long story short, Rob 1 systematically went through the D-Jet wiring harness and found a single broken wire. The wire which controlled the pulse to the injectors.

Huge thanks to VSR for being so thorough!

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I drove Athena out to VSR 2 weeks ago. Along the way it felt like the points were not opening and she developed a stumble. Changed back to the 123, she wouldn’t start. Long story short, Rob 1 systematically went through the D-Jet wiring harness and found a single broken wire. The wire which controlled the pulse to the injectors.

Huge thanks to VSR for being so thorough!

Yes, Yes! Mine was a loose bolt on one of the rear shock towers. And they weren't even scheduled for that area.