Hi from Dubai - BMW E9 3.0 CS

RandomPunter

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just bought a 3.0 CS 1972. Auto for the moment, will do manual box when have time.
Upgrades doing now:
- 16 Inch staggered Alpinas
- Fully Adjustable Suspension (Think of going for Gaz Gold from UK - Happy to hear of others/adjustable)
- 3.0 CS black side decals
- Full "1804 Flashred" Leather interior
Thanks all. Car is in the shop now having seatbelts fitted...not sure why it doesnt have any.

Attachments

• 20190312_180450.jpg
    20190312_180450.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 337
  • E9 pic.jpg
    E9 pic.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 345

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum RandomPunter!
And congratulations on your purchase ! Tell us more about how you came about your new joy, your background with classics cars and such....
Do you ever work on your cars yourself ?

You will find wealth of information on this forum and plenty of super nice fellows that would like to help you !
Please make sure you send your Vin number and specifics of your car to @HBchris so that it can be registered on the registry .
Best wishes!
Tony P from Edmond, Oklahoma , USA

RandomPunter

Reaction score
Thanks mate. I am a British Expat living in Dubai and a bit of a car and motorbike petrolhead. I tend to get a car, do some work on it (Me and Garage) and then not so much sell to make a profit, more to just try a new car that I have my eyeball on as I am sure we all do. Had a few cars over the years, more recently finished a Jag E Type Series 1 Fixed Head Coupe 1963, which tool 2 years of work. This BMW is a little lighter as its already mechanically sound and had a new paint job. Sold my E30 M3 1987 Euro Spec car a year or so ago and my Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2 in Giallo Ginestra Yellow.

I have already sent the chassis number to the email one of the lads supplied, thanks for that. Cheers.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
RandomPunter...!
Can you tell us what you plan to do about air con, these cars are hot enough in the UK so I wonder if you will do some extra upgrades for Dubai. Perhaps you. will do the opposite to if you lived here and only drive it in the winter.
Enjoy the car and welcome to the club.

RandomPunter

Reaction score
RandomPunter...!
Can you tell us what you plan to do about air con, these cars are hot enough in the UK so I wonder if you will do some extra upgrades for Dubai. Perhaps you. will do the opposite to if you lived here and only drive it in the winter.
Enjoy the car and welcome to the club.

The car already has Air Conditioning actually mate, and it runs very very cold. Most BM's air con is awesome, I had the same in my E30 M3 and that blew cold too. I bascially have 2 settings on it and it all looks factory standard. Well looked after though. I think it might actually have the origianl 40k KMS on the clock as its pretty mint, aside from the obvious respray.

RandomPunter

Reaction score
Nice car maybe you can join the exhibition each year on the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd :)
Yeah, have put a car in the past there, is a nice event. Alot of mates put their cars their too. Am on Dubai Drives club, you should join that if you are in town.