Cars on Fifth in Naples

shorton540

BMW Cross member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone attending this Saturday’s Cars on Fifth event in Naples, Florida? It would be nice to put some faces to names if anyone is interested in getting in touch. This will be my third year and I can attest to the amazing variety of cars, they run the gamut in every way, shape, and form. I’ll be keenly looking for E9 and E3 specimens! Drop me a text if you’re around.
-Sean
802-372-1255

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sean -- I am not in Naples for the show this year, but I have been to that show several times. It is primarily late model Ferrari's; the show was started and is still dominated by the local Ferrari guys. In the past several years they have allowed car sellers in as sponsors and the show has grown a lot. In my view it is way too big for that small stretch of Fifth Ave and I don't enjoy it any more. I strongly suggest you get there very early and watch the cars arrive. By about 10am, it becomes wall to wall and you cannot step back even three feet to get perspective on the cars there. I've seen one e9 in the years I have gone.

Frankly, your time would be better spent doing a tour of the Revs Institute. Best collection of Porsche's outside of Stuttgart, a Mercedes Silver Arrow, Dan Gurney's Eagle F1 champion car, a Ferrari 400 Superamerica, a couple of nice Duesenburgs, an absolutely gorgeous Delahaye, several Cunninghams and a McLaren F1.

I may be down in March or April. How long are you there?

shorton540

BMW Cross member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ohmess, I agree it has gotten too big. Last year was crazy. They’ve decided to charge admission this year hoping to curtail attendance a bit. I’m going with some buddies, and we wanted to go to Revs but the hours are very limited, in fact their hours on Saturday are the exact hours of the show. We are only there for the weekend, so that won’t work. I have been hoping as the show grew that more vintage BMWs would appear, so we will see if that is the case this year. I’ll let you know!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ohmess, I agree it has gotten too big. Last year was crazy. They’ve decided to charge admission this year hoping to curtail attendance a bit. I’m going with some buddies, and we wanted to go to Revs but the hours are very limited, in fact their hours on Saturday are the exact hours of the show. We are only there for the weekend, so that won’t work. I have been hoping as the show grew that more vintage BMWs would appear, so we will see if that is the case this year. I’ll let you know!
Hi Sean, here is the deal. Yes, 20 dollar admission this year. And hopefully it limits the crowd because it was out of hand. BMWCCA has only been granted five slots to the show, so my CSL won't be there. I have shown it twice in the past. The trouble is that there are only these slots and they give them first to the Miami-Lauderdale chapter. This is the way it has always been. This is despite the fact that there is an active local Southwest Florida chapter of BMWCCA led by a nice guy named Stan Dale. Politics I guess. You may see a 2002 turbo lined up with the Porsche folks and the Miami group usually brings a red e30 M3 and an e34 M5 in rare Mugello red.
I am not showing a car, but you can text me. Will send PM.
I am also a station guide at Revs, but the museum is closed tomorrow for a private event.
You absolutely should see Revs the next time you are here. Book online for tickets in advance. They have a 328, and other amazing cool stuff.
Scott

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Sean, here is the deal. Yes, 20 dollar admission this year. And hopefully it limits the crowd because it was out of hand. BMWCCA has only been granted five slots to the show, so my CSL won't be there. I have shown it twice in the past. The trouble is that there are only these slots and they give them first to the Miami-Lauderdale chapter. This is the way it has always been. This is despite the fact that there is an active local Southwest Florida chapter of BMWCCA led by a nice guy named Stan Dale. Politics I guess. You may see a 2002 turbo lined up with the Porsche folks and the Miami group usually brings a red e30 M3 and an e34 M5 in rare Mugello red.
I am not showing a car, but you can text me. Will send PM.
I am also a station guide at Revs, but the museum is closed tomorrow for a private event.
You absolutely should see Revs the next time you are here. Book online for tickets in advance. They have a 328, and other amazing cool stuff.
Scott

Hi Scott - my wife loves Naples and is trying to get us down there in Late March or Early April. If you are around, I would like to connect and learn about your association with Revs. I have actually been going there since it was the Collier County Car Museum, and I love that place.

Chris

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Scott - my wife loves Naples and is trying to get us down there in Late March or Early April. If you are around, I would like to connect and learn about your association with Revs. I have actually been going there since it was the Collier County Car Museum, and I love that place.

Chris

I’ll be around. REVS is an amazing place. It’s a pretty formal application process to be allowed to volunteer as a station guide. They have 150 volunteers and need at least ten each of the three days a week the museum is open in order to be fully staffed. The museum used to be closed for a few months in summer but now they try to keep is open throughout hurricane season. Working there is a great opportunity to learn about the cars. As with many things, the more you know, the more interesting it becomes. PM me when you know you are coming down and be sure to book ahead for tickets online. It sells out.