Weatherstrip questions

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As I replace the parts I am running into some unknowns and hope you can advise me on the PN's, locations and possibly where to purchase the hard to get items.

1) The gap is between the front fender just behind the marker light and the forward bulkhead. I am sure there was a weatherstrip there but don't know for sure the PN and possible place to purchase?
2) Unknown weatherstrip 1 obviously mounts on a flange but not sure which one or the part number help?
3) Unknown weatherstrip 2 all I have is the cross section and length no part number or mounting location
4) PN 5711810529 have these parts but not sure where or how they mount.

Any help will be much appreciated as always.

Attachments

• Gap-Weatehrstrip PN.pdf
    231 KB · Views: 154
  • Unknown Weatherstrip 1.pdf
    193 KB · Views: 128
  • Unknown weatherstrip 2.pdf
    252.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Weatherstrip 51711810529.pdf
    578.5 KB · Views: 157

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
#4 (discussed just the other day) is for the bulkhead gap. Best explained via the picture

A588E097-BCF8-4C08-8DAC-1EFCE68E2222.jpeg

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
for the trim behind the front reflector - is it this piece
https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/rubber-right-for-all-models-41-08-10.html
which is shown on the pic of being at that corner
https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/karosserie-blechteile/bmw-2-5-cs-3-0-csl-e9/katalogbild-41-08.html

i am really curious where the funny shaped weatherstrip goes - the one labeled unknown weatherstrip 2-1
You found the # 1 unknown
51711810530 is the PN on the link -Thank you.

Please review the attached and advise if it look like I have the correct PN at location and the couple weather strips I am missing.

Attachments

• Inner front panel RH and LH.pdf
    185.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Frt Eng Comp Sealing.pdf
    336.7 KB · Views: 137

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you as always for your help. One more ghost part is PN 51121823441/442 rear bumper Looks like a foam piece I did not have this on the car, it appears to be NLA can they be fabricated?
Do you own a US 73? It isn’t used on any other model and NLA forever.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since the 73 US bumper was rated at 2 1/2 mph impact by the DOT, it sticks out two inches farther and those spacers are for behind the under riders.

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Since the 73 US bumper was rated at 2 1/2 mph impact by the DOT, it sticks out two inches farther and those spacers are for behind the under riders.
Do you know what material they were made from Rubber? Are they essential for mounting the rear bumper?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pickman, living your confusion!
I would love W&N to come up with sets of gaskets, firewall to front, left door, right door etc. I have been making a list of gaskets I need and each time I read a post like this, I realize there is another one I need.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do you know what material they were made from Rubber? Are they essential for mounting the rear bumper?

They are made of a very hard and solid rubber I assume. Without them, the under rider will be hanging from the bumper. Many owners just eliminate the under rider, I was lucky my coupe had them.

stphers

Reaction score
This would be a great sticky post to do going through all the seals on a coupe are a little confusing A list of all the seals and where they fit which members could add to.

I am sure that there would be a lot of discussion on this