Getrag 265/6 5-Speed Overdrive

speedracer

Reaction score
BMW Getrag 265/6 Overdrive 5-Speed Manual Transmission.
Condition: Used “Excellent condition. "Very clean oil" This is a 2 piece Getrag transmission from a 1985 535i - Transmission was driven/tested 100 miles - shifted smooth and crisp. No issues or noise in neutral (layshaft or main bearing). I can not confirm but, I suspect it was rebuilt - look how clean the CAD plated hardware is and the driveshaft coupling - looks new. The sale will include the bell-housing. Will fit e3, e9, e12, e24, e28.
Price: $1500.00 Plus shipping.

luOUq7t.jpg

kV9fpGM.jpg

fqxZKLz.jpg

ZKxANOg.jpg

uMlG31b.jpg

yIm1XxV.jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
sure looks clean!

Not too hard to convert to mechanical speedo.

Or....for about $500, convert the speedo to GPS.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Two questions...

1. What media was used to clean the case?

2. Clearly something exploded in your bellhousing. Do you have any details on what happened?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t want to be a nay sayer but that looks like it was sand blasted.

Wladek

Reaction score
As for me it looks more like small size glass beads - surface is smooth (too smooth for sand even small grit), but from the other side it is not too glossy, so probably someone made blasting very shortly, just as cleaning.
p.s. I hope breather hole was good closed for blasting, because it looks like breather itself was also blasted.

Last edited:

speedracer

Reaction score
As for me it looks more like small size glass beads - surface is smooth (too smooth for sand even small grit), but from the other side it is not too glossy, so probably someone made blasting very shortly, just as cleaning.
p.s. I hope breather hole was good closed for blasting, because it looks like breather itself was also blasted.
Two questions...

1. What media was used to clean the case?

2. Clearly something exploded in your bellhousing. Do you have any details on what happened?
. SOLD!

speedracer

Reaction score
BMW Getrag 265/6 Overdrive 5-Speed Manual Transmission.
Condition: Used “Excellent condition. "Very clean oil" This is a 2 piece Getrag transmission from a 1985 535i - Transmission was driven/tested 100 miles - shifted smooth and crisp. No issues or noise in neutral (layshaft or main bearing). I can not confirm but, I suspect it was rebuilt - look how clean the CAD plated hardware is and the driveshaft coupling - looks new. The sale will include the bell-housing. Will fit e3, e9, e12, e24, e28.
Price: $1500.00 Plus shipping.

luOUq7t.jpg

kV9fpGM.jpg

fqxZKLz.jpg

ZKxANOg.jpg

uMlG31b.jpg

yIm1XxV.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hopefully who ever cleaned it covered all of the openings and didn't get any of the material into the tranny. i have heard a few horror stories

speedracer

Reaction score
This transmission was sold on EBAY - Before I packed the gearbox - I opened the bottom hex nut drained what small amount of gear oil remained on a white cloth - inspected and saw no evidence of metal particles. I learned that the P.O. has a shop - he cleaned the case with a strong chemical solution then, media blasted with walnut shells - they are pea size. The vent was protected with a rubber plug.
I have another 265/6 and a 265/5 (CR) Dogleg gearbox that will be listed soon. Both have speedo drive gears.