Coupe spotting (vintage)

shanon

Reaction score
Coupers,

I was going through the old pics and something caught my eye that I hadn't noticed before, the two-tone E9 (how many could there be/been ?!?! ...ha ha)

Anybody know anything about this mystery E9 (Salzburg or Zandfordt, circa 1971) with the two-tone Alpina like paint parked in the Schnitzer paddock? A defector? ;-)

Licence plate starts with 'REI...' The plates I have seen with the early two-tone Alpinas have started with KF SC...

Possibly a customer or company 'road' car? It does not have the Grp 2 'bubble flares' of the period which makes me think it is a Grp 1 or 'road car'.

Neat. ;-)

cs in rear of pic.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Coupers,

I was going through the old pics and something caught my eye that I hadn't noticed before, the two-tone E9 (how many could there be/been ?!?! ...ha ha)

Anybody know anything about this mystery E9 (Salzburg or Zandfordt, circa 1971) with the two-tone Alpina like paint parked in the Schnitzer paddock? A defector? ;-)

Licence plate starts with 'REI...' The plates I have seen with the early two-tone Alpinas have started with KF SC...

Possibly a customer or company 'road' car? It does not have the Grp 2 'bubble flares' of the period which makes me think it is a Grp 1 or 'road car'.

Neat. ;-)

View attachment 50253
That might be the Schnitzer owned now by BMWPete Gleeson

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you have a larger resolution lbk
Peters car is Group 2.

It was also a '72 built in September of '71.

I was wondering how you spotted the REI plate with that terrible pic. Let me enhance with my evening-crime drama technical skills...

tumblr_p05521Gc4k1s0rjbno1_1280.jpg

shanon

Reaction score
thx M, could figure out how to post the larger pic

so....P, is one of these in your stable? LF X 15 perhap? ;-) or Jackie Iykxx's drive?
team schnitzer in the pits LXJ 15.jpg
blue wht schnitzer.jpg

or the old 8Ball car to match the rally car ;)