Copart BMW finds...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It made me realize that at some point I should look for a tii chassis somewhere. I have all the parts for a roundie tii in storage after I cut up a totaled '73.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Kugelfischer intact, interesting air cleaner, not some later K&N, period BBS wheels and old German headlight(s). An unmolested car that was owned by an enthusiast and parked for a long time. Hope the back story isn't too sad.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The rust looks worst from the top, like it sat outside and got rained on and had leaves sitting on it. Hard to tell but the bottom of the doors and other lower panels don't look as bad. It's probably too far gone though. The back window frame is a mess.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
High bid was $800

LOL, okay, this is a funny one. I got back from lunch and my co-worker/part-time buyer told me that the car sold for $800. I had told him I thought it could go for as high as $2000 based on other crazy stuff selling, but I guess he took that as a data point and HE was high bid at $800. I just saw it in our pending list. Not sure we'll get it but if we do I can report back on it's true condition.

tmason

Reaction score
A nice green 74 02 on CL in Reno for 3800.00 that you could move the drive train to? Friend has a 74 tii for sale for 18K in town.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure we'll get it but if we do I can report back on it's true condition.

If the struts are usable, you'll be ok on that price... with the visible rust, I have my doubts about the boxed trailing arms being in very good condition, but who knows? The engine and K Fisch should be good enough. $800 was a decent enough price I think :)

Ed

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
$800 was a decent enough price I think :)

With fees and towing we'll be in it about $1250. Obviously you can't tell much with those photos but it looks to me like the water came from the top and not so much from the road, so I'm hoping that wheel wells, rockers and underside aren't too bad. I'm sure water sat in the floor boards but I'm really curious to see it in person.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When you look at the pictures, the extensive corrosion is almost overwhelming. But when you read the description: 2002tii, and realize you are bringing it to your garage for around $1,250, the optimisim sets in. Cant wait to see better pics when it arrives. Fingers crossed!!!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Whew, the corrosion seems pretty comprehensive. :( Do you have a plan for it yet?

I just bought a new welder so I'm good to go. ;) I have no clue. Now that I have space I don't have any money so I'll probably sell it whole. We'll see...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
1968 2000ti in Newburgh NY
https://www.copart.com/lot/50837457

5d263983-a266-4245-bfc2-5f353aa3bddb.JPG

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You should post that over on FAQ NK threads...

It says "no engine", but the shifter is in place with the original shift knob

Cool...