Windscreen rubber gasket - suppliers

JohnFBD

Reaction score
I've officially joined the elite group of individuals who have encountered the incredibly frustrating windscreen installation issues.
New glass and rubber from W&N, glass in frame looks fine and seems to be the same shape as the one that came out, seal is BMW a original part. For the many that have trodden this path, it's a mongrel of a job, the rear was hard but went in, the front, well I'm on my 2nd rubber as after many attempts, the rope eventually tears the rubber:( as it's a pretty tight fit and that trim is a bee ach.
I'm sure it will eventually go in, but right now I need a new seal, I could buy from W&N but it's a set EUR75 shipping, Rogers say they have it but don't, can anyone suggest a good source? BMW in Oz have none, 3 weeks to ship from Germany and 4x the RRP!
Cheers

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Vintage Autobahn - if you are in need of new windshield gaskets ... call or email Connor at Vintage Autobahn. i ordered a rear gasket - for the price of $165 plus 15 bucks and change for shipping. for comparative purposes, W+N wants 176.55 euro plus expensive shipping. getbmwparts wants 232.21 plus shipping. now for the best news ... it arrived today, and its the BMW rear window gasket. i was going to buy the front gasket from him for 100 bucks, but it was going to be another week before he had stock - since BMW is NLA on this gasket, not sure who he is getting it from. W+N is selling theirs (not the BMW part #) for 83.19 euro (102 bucks +/- plus shipping)

while talking to Connor, i asked what other gaskets he had for our coupes - he has the door gaskets - price is 240 each - getbmwparts wants 328.80 bucks and lists the MSRP at 408.96 bucks each. didn't find them listed on W+N

so, if you are in need for these type of gaskets, i think its worth talking to Connor

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the beauty of buying from Carl is that you know you are going to get the right part.

Last edited:

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the info, I had to bite the bullet and got one from W&N, they also have the RH door seal back in stock although much more expensive than Connor is selling them for!
The good news is the screen is now in;)

Attachments

• 20180301_040915674_iOS.jpg
    20180301_040915674_iOS.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 250

Honolulu

Reaction score
I recall Carl commenting that without the glass in place, coupe bodies can be relied on to have flexed, making windshield reinstallation difficult. This lets one understand windshield glass that's bonded in place, like my now-gone '95 E36 'vert, which I bought with a cracked windshield.