73 POLARIS E3 BUILD...Slowly..

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
here bud. I thought you had this info already
The seal that holds the lower trim is gone, you will not find one anywhere. the next best thing is the later model that doesn't have a slot for the lower trim piece, but it is the same size and will hold your glass.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/fitting/51311828235/

Uh oh...I tried ordering this one from Pelican Parts and they returned my order with a 'Not available from any sources and no idea on when or if it will be available'....Ahhhh! I'll try BMW and ECS to see if I get the same response...damn.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
So Pelican and Bav Auto don't have it. I've put my order in at ECS and haven't gotten an email, yet, saying they can or can't get it. If not them, I'll try BMW of Atl, as their price is $40 higher..:)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They all come from BMW and those guys don’t stock these unique parts so if not available from BMW you would have to be pretty lucky to find one elsewhere.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, latest thing to stick in my brain and not let go.... I'm really not a huge Polaris guy, so much...I mean, I do like it, my wife's 330i is silver...but, I'd prefer something different.. I want Baikal. There, I said it. I'm not worried about stripping it all the way down to fully paint it, as that's happening anyway..and the E3 isn't a car that's value would make you cringe over a color change....so, whatcha tink, mon?

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Paint it exactly however you want to paint it. Don't base it on some long off idea that you'll sell it. If you like it, you'll probably keep it longer.
I'm actually planning a non-oe color.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool. I'll probably try for tan. I've seen pics of the red and it's actually gorgeous. Usually a red interior is too bright red for me, which I think is hideous, but the red on these interiors is more of a darker, almost merlot? Love it.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm doing oxblood on mine.
Yeah, I saw that on your thread. Very cool. You do the interior work yourself, right? Is that a hobby or a profession? I just picked up an old Chandler industrial machine to start doing random stuff for myself. My dad had a nice Juki back in the day, and did all the cushions for his 62’ yacht by himself after he got a quote for $30k to have them done and said, “pfft, I can do that myself!..” and he did!..lol!
I’m not at the interior place of skill yet, but I’ll get there and maybe do new seats for mine! I’m open to any advice, too.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hobby, I suppose. I used to do a ton of leatherwork. Ive made bags, clothes and corsets before I did a few seats. Ive won a couple awards for my interiors at car shows. Ive considered doing it professionally but I don't have the space or tools (or money) to make a go of it.

One thing I want to do with my project is incorporate an old beach TV into the dash (probably just the faceplate of the tv) to use as a monitor for my injection system and music. I was thinking about putting it on the lower console where the AC plates are.. something like this; https://i4.imaiges.com/wallpaper/443/960/990/tv-sony-japanese-vintage-preview.jpg

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh man, the tv idea sounds really cool. Kind of a James Bond in a Bavaria feel..:).
Very cool about the interior awards! I’d call that professional. Not sure if I can get to that level, but I’ll work on it. I may be hitting you up for sewing advice in the future.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah, just saw you're in Atl. My brother lives in Cumming, was just there a few back visiting. Great area, with traffic that does a good impersonation of LA traffic....:-/

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cumming is nice, I like the area around the lake. I'm on the east side of town in the suburbs. I actually have no issue with traffic. I know theres a lot, but it doesn't bother me. as long as the right car to sit in.

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is my car in Baikal with black interior. This is the original color combo.

Attachments

• Bav.JPG
    Bav.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Bav Front.JPG
    Bav Front.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 267