Petri wheel 40cm

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agreed guys. What a 'bummer' considering he states that it a a Jet hb.
Maybe he noticed your observations, the price has just dropped :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nope ... different type of horn button.
petri-1.JPG

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Any more leads, im looking for one...

Iv seen a few: 36 & 38's. What is the correct size?

Thanks,
Chris

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is one (NMNA).
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...-lenkrad-nos-new-old-stock/773512577-223-6443
It say CSL in the ad but it has after all a rubber wheel...

Correct, it’s a 40cm foam grip wheel, thus not a csl wheel. But supposedly brand new!
I just wrote to the seller and asked for pics of the hub and cover. If for some reason it turns out to be a csl hub/ cover, then it would be a very considerable proposition. Brand new Petri with csl hub! A must have!
I will let the forum know of my findings.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NMNA for the record

Just heard back. Unfortunately the hub on the 40cm ‘brand new’ Petri is from an 02/ no horn ring but adaptable.
He also has a ‘brand new’ 35 cm Petri with aftermarket leather wrap and complete with hub/ cover/ hb.

I’ve asked him for a bottom line price for both wheels in order to let us members here know and to confirm that the wheels are infact brand new/ unused.

Drooooool. I’d love to have a brand new Petri, even a 40cm. But another wheel and I will be forced to see a shrink.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
His reply is that the price is not negotiable.
The persons name is Bruno and his English is excellentIncase someone wants to write him.
I’ve never come across a brand new Petri.

Wladek

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for 2nd hand hubs for the E9 that would allow fitment of Bruno's wheel?
Actually hubs separately are at least 10x times more rare than complete BMW petri wheels, so i don't think there is any source at all.
Pretty often people buy 35cm Petri in "sh.ty" condition for fair price (around 300 EUR) just to have proper hub (for 38 (not csl) or 40) and horn button. Separate 35cm wheel after disassembly is worth around 100 EUR.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Condition of the wheel isint too good. Spokes have the typical used Petri imperfections and the foam wrap is missing bits. You’d have to leather wrap it. The hub is from an 02, adaptable though but the cover is also broken. Very hard to find a good replacement.
IMHO not the right quality wheel for a restored car.
On the lighter side, keep looking and the right wheel will appear. That Petris demand a high price today, won’t change but there are good ones out there.