FS - Rusty '72 3.0 CS

jmackro

Reaction score
The seller is asking $16K for what he admits is a rusty e9 that "need some work to be road worthy... and hasn't been on the road in 18 years". Some dreamer may pay him close to that, thinking he can get it running and drive it with the body as-is.

But for someone wanting a presentable e9, the magnitude of the rust repair makes this a poor starting point at pretty much any price. Spending more on a better car will probably result in a lower final cost, and certainly have the buyer behind the wheel sooner.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The seller is asking $16K for what he admits is a rusty e9 that "need some work to be road worthy... and hasn't been on the road in 18 years". Some dreamer may pay him close to that, thinking he can get it running and drive it with the body as-is.

But for someone wanting a presentable e9, the magnitude of the rust repair makes this a poor starting point at pretty much any price. Spending more on a better car will probably result in a lower final cost, and certainly have the buyer behind the wheel sooner.

That would be $13K USD. Unfortunately I don’t think you can find much better at that price point in the states. I like the inner fenders anyway. This appears to be one of the better rusty e9’s as of late. The car looks pretty original. I think it would be a great starting point for a serious restoration. As long as you can get the rockers done for $10K or less you aren’t in any worse shape than the $25K projects that have been selling lately.

With that said, there have been plenty of good $40K+ cars for sale that could be cheaper in the long run. Not everyone has $40K to drop on a baseline car though.

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
Hmmm, I think he added the price after I originally saw the ad - seems steep if rockers, floors, fenders and spare tire well are all rotten.