Hello from Sydney

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys. New to the forum and am currently on the look out for a tidy CS or CSI.
Have been a long time admirer of E9's and it's getting to the point where I think it may be time to bite the bullet and make a purchase.
There are not many advertised at the moment and I am not in a big hurry but if anyone knows of someone looking to move one on I'd be keen for some details...

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Frankie, you unfortunately just missed a wave of E9's for sale in Australia last few months. At auctions in VIC and QLD, as well as quite a few listed for sale. This is the biggest wave of E9 sales I have ever seen. All sold now - E9' s seem to only last a couple of weeks at most before selling in Australia. If you join the E9 Register Aus Facebook page there are many owners of E's9 and maybe some are looking to sell now or in the future.
Good luck with your hunting and good choice to pursue a CS or CSi, they are great cars.

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Mal.
I'm a little anti social when it comes to Facebook and twitter so have never bothered joining. Forums like this suit me much better.
I'll definitely be keeping a keener eye on things now to see what comes up.
Will u be taking ur car to German Autofest in late September Mal?

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hi Frankie, maybe contact Bill Rama at IDB Automotive in Richmond, Vic ...he seems to have his finger on the pulse as to what ( if anything ) is available. It seems to be getting to the stage where these are now selling off-market so helps to get the word out .Good luck. Cheers, Simon .

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Hi guys. New to the forum and am currently on the look out for a tidy CS or CSI.
Have been a long time admirer of E9's and it's getting to the point where I think it may be time to bite the bullet and make a purchase.
There are not many advertised at the moment and I am not in a big hurry but if anyone knows of someone looking to move one on I'd be keen for some details...

Welcome Frankie
Seen the comments below. I just purchased mine off market. You could also ask Chris at Shannons Insurance. He is an e9 enthusiast and knows what is around as well. But yes speak to Bill Rama. Great guy. He helped me buy mine off market.
I am taking my car to the German show on the 27th of August.
Shall keep an eye out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Frankie, maybe contact Bill Rama at IDB Automotive in Richmond, Vic ...he seems to have his finger on the pulse as to what ( if anything ) is available. It seems to be getting to the stage where these are now selling off-market so helps to get the word out .Good luck. Cheers, Simon .

Thanks for the contact. I'll hit him up this coming week

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Frankie
Seen the comments below. I just purchased mine off market. You could also ask Chris at Shannons Insurance. He is an e9 enthusiast and knows what is around as well. But yes speak to Bill Rama. Great guy. He helped me buy mine off market.

Thanks for the welcome. I was referring to the Sydney German Autofest on Sep 24.
Be sure to post some snaps from the Victorian show

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Frankie

Would you happen to have contact details for Bill and Chris? Wasn't able to find a webpage for IDB...

Boobouna

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Mal.
I'm a little anti social when it comes to Facebook and twitter so have never bothered joining. Forums like this suit me much better.
I'll definitely be keeping a keener eye on things now to see what comes up.
Will u be taking ur car to German Autofest in late September Mal?

Agree with Mal, very difficult to find not only due to the limited numbers in the country but also due to the fact that owners love them and not willing to sell them that often. There was an influx recently but I believe that smorgasbord has since sold. Those influxes are very rare so you did miss out. Not sure how many Bill has up his sleeve but he is rebuilding one at the moment with his son, a restomod, but not sure of his plans once complete. It looks perfect so I'm guessing he will keep it. Hope you find something and we can meet up for a cruise with other e9 owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobouna

Reaction score
Agree with Mal, very difficult to find not only due to the limited numbers in the country but also due to the fact that owners love them and not willing to sell them that often. There was an influx recently but I believe that smorgasbord has since sold. Those influxes are very rare so you did miss out. Not sure how many Bill has up his sleeve but he is rebuilding one at the moment with his son, a restomod, but not sure of his plans once complete. It looks perfect so I'm guessing he will keep it. Hope you find something and we can meet up for a cruise with other e9 owners.

Otherwise your other option is to import from U.K. But that could get expensive once you pass the Luxury Car Tax threshold, which is easy if you find a really good example for sale. But if you are willing to buy something which needs work then you shouldn't have a problem.

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Boobouna.
I'll keep an eye out for what comes up.
Not in a great hurry so I'll keep learning while I wait