Who can identify this piece?

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
IMG_1623.JPG
I am pretty sure many of you can guess what this is, or will be used for! But it would be fun to get some comments and open discussions on it!:D

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is clearly a ground plane. Any RF engineer knows that a ground with an antenna mounted perpendicular to it creates the illusion of the antenna extending symmetrically into the plane as if it were a dipole. This particular ground plane will be used to mount a vertical antenna and using a 1kW transmitter attempt to communicate with intelligent life in other planets, as there is very little of that in ours.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh man! You amazed me with your accuracy and detailed description! Since you are so close can you tell me what is missing to make the communication possible? ;)

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
we tried that it didn't work. At first it felt like we are actually getting something but then we realized we had the speaker directly connected to the battery..... hence the communication was short....:(

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ok, may be it's because it's Saturday and everyone is bar hopping! I give you a hint....I am pretty confident some of you find this useful and can't find it new most likely.....

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Another hint: it is not an accessory or upgrade to Flux Capacitor, unless you are planning to convert your E9 into a time machine!

nashvillecat

Reaction score
View attachment 28757 I am pretty sure many of you can guess what this is, or will be used for! But it would be fun to get some comments and open discussions on it!:D

1. Imitation Star Trek floor mat? (Not the same accurate depiction as found at the foot of the original Enterprise captain's chair, but more tolerant of of space dirt.)

2. Steel carving plate for extra-tough prime rib?

star-trek-uss-enterprise-rug-13.jpg

$_35.JPG

Last edited:

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
1. Imitation Star Trek floor mat? (Not the same accurate depiction as found at the foot of the original Enterprise captain's chair, but more tolerant of of space dirt.)

2. Steel carving plate for extra-tough prime rib?

I like both guesses . Especially the "real tough prime Rib".
star-trek-uss-enterprise-rug-13.jpg

$_35.JPG

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
As you know, of the available body/metal parts or patches , W&N has the most... but I searched and no one , including W&N , has the section ()Waldo) in earlier example ....).
Since I wanted the floors metal fabrication come out as closely as possible to the way it came out of factory we had to fabricate it. One can put the ribs in 18 guage steel within minutes with relatively simple metal Fab tools . But the circle in the middle of the piece creates a major challenge. Another challenge is having a perpendicular ribs so close to each other. For those of you who have used the metal fabrication tools know what I am referring to. So I was adamant about coming up with a solution.... I will get a pictures of my jig and post it later.... it is at the shop... meanwhile send in your fun responses please..... so far my favorite responces and phrases are as follows:
- Ground Plane By Arde
- Extra tough prime rib Carving board by Nashville cat
-star Trek floor mat dusted with Space dirt by Nashvillecat ...
- Crop circle by David V.
Thank you to Nashvillecat for searching for animated pieces to describe his answer!

Last edited:

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's impressive ! Polish manufacturer! But this is twice as expensive as W&N, when you add the front and back pieces from W&N . Furthermore I see two extra oval indentions that I don't think comes with the car normally. I will find out soon how much it will cost if I have quantities made and have available to other members ...
Next time I am doing anything I will contact you first Marko...
Cheers!
Tony P.:D

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the oval indentations are the access to the frame rails, seen here to the right in a line, these would not be visible from the underside:

DvVD1Xkk1qhFh012IDPWCkswZhFITRq8AL2h8-vDyZ5BfFcBDXMZjblFBxgbG2Sy0_w8EznVIdmOAjknPrRkv7_V_WlsQR7bu3G1QW3StaS7rBb7tCgBkxwn0XUoPc2K-NJ_5r-X3raPEdYuBTXkaiozySfTRbtiQSanoDPl4gPsRws3Zs9G5OEOZzste1medEOQ-lgIUK2b5XHl9EWugq3ItJ7ZzQX7HR_daisqVkkLGp57q8JQ9KNnEwyJcJ89HjGn4b1wkPuADmMCFpNEzH77PrB5hJwgmwPD4jvSc4RS3V_wBIPwbInc9A1kZc_UunY7uAcuQm65NxRoRUXHpQLL8j0nqRc9EUvR57WAG1lcPwcX2keFLxJRkaANbbYc3FhSNonGabI4dXQznflk2Yb_xKdy2BT-D7fnbHjr7uy5Njx28R5FNfO-5Cr9s8sfp3LKWVlkixUYVC2C8oUl15rXuseJGO5Hm4tLyhLGXd8YzZ1LMKPKhnAf89xaLMXmaooMfsojIGfEqtrCAxSM875cNDTAV40PmrrcdSn4as3j0w0qJdyue8B-YR_pujuzCu4oYiZRvhNzNHIIhTR5WZHJKXCYthu1XE9y4rFRk-NaWVUjP4d4=w579-h771-no

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's impressive ! Polish manufacturer! But this is twice as expensive as W&N, when you add the front and back pieces from W&N.

Not that I am one to critique floor pans but the W&N front pan is pretty lackluster. Ignoring the very odd shape that they made it, it is missing all of the beads (as others have pointed out). The rear pan is nice.