Pulled my 3.5 5 speed Bavaria out of storage today.....

Gpdenver

Reaction score
Back in the main garage, the bavaira blends right in next to much more high dollar cars.......
jLmylNd.jpg

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Of course I'm a Bmw fan, that's why I'm here. But for me, against a GTV or any '60s or early '70s Alfa, Bmw will have to just understand that it takes a back seat in comparison. Ok, let the flaming hostility begin.

m73

Reaction score
My first car was an Alfa. I like them but also the BMW very much.

It's as I get older I understand why? I remember some folks hated modern architecture & I could not understand why....it is because some really like the ornamental decoration and detail of classical design.

To me the Alfa is a fine expensive and detailed machine.

The BMW says put on your Ray Bans and drive....I'll take care of the rest.

I guess with the passing of time we should be greatful for our history. I know I am glad either of these cars existed....the cars today are seriously giving me a heart attack.

.02 cents of course...

-Mo

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is an "unofficial" C&C-type event this Saturday 11/19 at Evans and Monaco (the abandoned Kmart parking lot). It is low-key, mostly a meeting of Porsche/BMW/Alfa Romeo guys. In fact, I hope that one of my friends brings his newly delivered GTV. Here is a link to the new FB site:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1231546956902545/
In case the link doesn't work - 8-11am on the 3rd Saturday of the month.
Hope to see you out there.

Gpdenver

Reaction score
New update. I have been driving the Bavaria as often as I can! Put a few hundred miles on it in the last couple weeks, and it is a ton of fun. Also added a Magnaflow muffler because my muffler had a hole in it. The 3.5 sounds great.
Also picked up a new toy to add to the main garage...
yEoH4Q2.jpg

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes.... Awesome garage collection - Too bad there are only so many hours in a day to drive. :)

Gpdenver

Reaction score
Just ordered an aluminum Ebay radiator, having issues with the car getting hot in stop and go traffic. I will report back once I install it next week with a review. Going with dual electric fans as well.
7VdXI9W.jpg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That should help a lot, assuming it's good quality. Is it dual core or triple core? Do you have a 9 blade clutch fan as well or original 5 blade? I am toying with the idea of putting an e24 oil cooler on when I put my AC back in just for that added little piece of mind. I don't see how it can hurt. Something to think about.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That should eliminate any heat issues. I had my original re-cored with a 3 row and it won't warm up to the half way mark with the original fan.

Gpdenver

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I currently have a 9 blade. This is a 2 core, but much thicker than the original. I always swap out clutch fans for electric on cars I drive often.

I also had a 2.5 inch custom exhaust system made from the header back. No resonators and 1 large magnaflow in the stock round muffler location. It sounds terrible, tons of raspiness on decel. I need to try a resonator, and if that does not fix it I'll be swapping out the muffler for something else also.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine has a similar exhaust set up (with a 3.0 engine) and sounds the same... lots of popping on decel and way too much attention all around. They really need a resonator to dampen things out.

timbob

Reaction score
Hey Gpdenver,

Wheel looks great in the car! Is it as good to hold? No issues with obscuring the instruments? Steering effort not too heavy? Thinking about putting the same in my 3.0Si
Cheers,
Tim

Gpdenver

Reaction score
Hey Gpdenver,

Wheel looks great in the car! Is it as good to hold? No issues with obscuring the instruments? Steering effort not too heavy? Thinking about putting the same in my 3.0Si
Cheers,
Tim
I am obsessed with Momo wheels. They are great! Nardi wheels are great, but I prefer leather. My car steering input is high, but I have 9" wheels with R compound tires, with factory wheel width it would be fine. I actually stole the wheel off of the Bavaria and put it on the Porsche I like it so much...
rAkqg33.jpg

Also have a prototipo on the Alfa, but in black:

KhdNvNe.jpg

I also have a Momo on my blue Defender 90, and a Momo monte carlo currently on the Bavaria until I buy another Prototipo.

Gpdenver

Reaction score
Popped the new radiator in today, for the money it looks like a killer option. Dropped right in, no modifications required. I have yet to install the electric fans as I decided to build an aluminum shroud and double electric fan setup, and new silicone hoses and water pump. I have yet to see how it performs in heavy traffic, but so far so good!

Excuse the dirty engine bay...
PbccjMQ.jpg

tBYGalR.jpg

M1jix8S.jpg

Gpdenver

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the current exhaust after I replaced it. Drove it today, and the car pulls hard to the left when I step on the brakes.

Gonna pull the brakes apart, but most likely upgrade to a Wilwood setup. Also going to start thinking about coilovers. Probably going to fab up something custom, I'm not really excited about anything I'm seeing on the market. Let me know if I'm missing a nice coilover setup available.
rZ6aOA7.jpg

Bw7xchw.jpg