Need Cylinder Head for my 74 3.0cs

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I figured out finally where all my coolant has been going since I got my vehicle years ago. Despite the seller's assurance that all was well, my shop in Boise, Eurosports, pulled things apart and found a very small crack in the cylinder head.

So....any thoughts on getting a cylinder head that is in working order for a fair price quickly?

Please DM me or post here.

Thanks! Looking forward to finally getting MY BABY running right to enjoy for the summer.

Scott

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unless the crack is in the tower that the head bolts go through it might be a candidate for welding. We had our 2800 head welded and pressure checked before and after and all is good. One shop didn't want to touch it but the guy I went to wasn't afraid to try.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unless the crack is in the tower that the head bolts go through it might be a candidate for welding. We had our 2800 head welded and pressure checked before and after and all is good. One shop didn't want to touch it but the guy I went to wasn't afraid to try.
Thanks. Will provide this information to the shop with fingers crossed

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
PS: any thoughts for other simple things or upgrades worth considering while in the shop?
Still hunting good bumpers.

tmason

Reaction score
Hi Scott
I thought for sure you got the set that was posted in parts. I called on them and he had the under bumperettes with the rear but wouldn't sell just them without the bumper so I was trying to figure how to best sell them to my wife when he called back 30 minutes later and said they were sold.
Good luck on your bumper quest,it took me a couple of years to get all the parts.
Tim

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score

Hunneman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I haven't done business with them. No affiliation ! But it wouldn't hurt to reach out to them and ask as many questions.. If it was me purchasing i would try to get in touch with a phone call..
He is advertising a new product..

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott - NO, that is the wrong cam. that's a m20 cam. W+N is currently out of stock on the m30 cams. but they generally have the best price when they do.

the head is the right (current) part number. the following is from getbmwparts.com. i checked w+n and they don't have a head listed. you should drop SFDon a line to see if he has a good used one in his stack of parts.

Part Number 11121250017 Part Name CYL.HEAD MSRP $2,177.46 Core $0.00 Save $435.49 Online Price $1,741.97

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott - NO, that is the wrong cam. that's a 4 cylinder cam. W+N is currently out of stock on the m30 cams. but they generally have the best price when they do.

the head is the right (current) part number. the following is from getbmwparts.com. i checked w+n and they don't have a head listed.
Part Number

11121250017 Part Name CYL.HEAD MSRP $2,177.46 Core $0.00 Save $435.49 Online Price $1,741.97
Extremely helpful information. Thank you very much. Good to see the same folks still active here. I should come back more often.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, you caught my post before i edited it ... i first saw 320i and wrote 4 cylinder ... then i saw the 323i ... and changed it to m20 ... still doesn't help you.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
damn it doesn't look like it is listed anymore...email them and ask them if they still have the Schrick 284 cam for 3.0cs M30 engine and report back here...

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ask for this: 75 00 0 999 003 SCHRICK camshaft 282 deg injection models only

Taken from my invoice.

you'll need to run an electric fuel pump as this will not drive a stock mechanical one.