aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
reinstalled my new rechromed vent frame it looks awesum
ilve always loved the way they look so bright and such a great design

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i was taking a rear window apart to clean + regrease it. i removed the snap rings to remove the sliders in the tracks. one of the small snap rings shot off of the pliers and got lost ... so now its time to find a replacement.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
i was taking a rear window apart to clean + regrease it. i removed the snap rings to remove the sliders in the tracks. one of the small snap rings shot off of the pliers and got lost ... so now its time to find a replacement.
Man...that is SO how it goes. You try to move forward, do something good for your Coupe, then sh** happens. We all know it does, it is just so random. Then there is the month or so, if all goes well, just to get back to where you started. Good luckScott! Mike

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
taking the rear windows has given me more insight into the alignment issues i was experiencing ... so i have learned something already. the frustration of losing a snap ring - oh well ... these are my spare regulators ... so it could be worse ... the idea was to get them cleaned, greased + reassembled and swap them into my coupe. i will go to Ace and see if they have a snap ring the right size. if not, i guess i will buy a set of metric snap rings.

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
taking the rear windows has given me more insight into the alignment issues i was experiencing ... so i have learned something already. the frustration of losing a snap ring - oh well ... these are my spare regulators ... so it could be worse ... the idea was to get them cleaned, greased + reassembled and swap them into my coupe. i will go to Ace and see if they have a snap ring the right size. if not, i guess i will buy a set of metric snap rings.

Hey Scott - I have a couple extras I can send you. Let me know if you'd like me to drop one in the mail tomorrow

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Scott - I have a couple extras I can send you. Let me know if you'd like me to drop one in the mail tomorrow
thanks for the offer, i went to the hardware store to buy one - no such luck. but, i bought a big magnet ... and i found the snap ring. i was working on this in the garage ... i moved the cars out of the way, swept everything up together and went thru it with the magnet and found it. i got lucky ... i thought it had shot out of the garage and into a flower bed with pinestraw ... hence getting the big magnet.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score

A friend of mine calls these Jesus rings. When the go Baaazing! and disappear, you usually say "Oh Jesus!"

Dohn

Reaction score
Had some dimples in the corner of the hood where someone tried to slam the hood closed from the outside! Got a price to repair and repaint the hood, but decided to try paintless dent removal first. It worked great! No dimples, no paint damage.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
set the sunroof motor . transmission and installed the cable runners
getting the sunroof i the morn from the body shop
it needed repair on a few flaws.
adjusted the driver door with my brace
set the door strikes in the be chrome plated
i didnt like the mat finish and the rust spot from the contact area

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so my friend and I ordered the reissue 205/70/14 Pirelli CN36 Cinturatos on Tues and damned if they didn't show up on Friday - from the UK woah! But of course I wasn't expecting them so I had to fetch today. Longstone Tyres is AAA+++. 199 Quid each - delivered in 2 days holy crap. These things are so badass looking I can't stand it. Cool tread and fat sidewalls. I will start a thread when I put them on my 14" Alpinas so you can judge for yourself but I am now going to get a glass of wine and look at them some more.

byY8agq74CWsxn5pD_q-b4UpWljLhb_FOLEpTXMVieSaomkZa3kes5upDq56q_cQzW5xAVn46ThPQxSl8VBLz2miJM1dWyRFPaOO38iv_eA3J2OFWsG4eRtXSPRuRf2r5VjPbPlWpNqoC3nWQ0vgdHfxYvn_JY-pluGzUBccH-ZdP5hTowB-tWIy7jg_HZevkA5QitMTYflxMgD3Ft1H0FDaPmsATdKJ0EisfrQ-Q7h7oHEKMxMxf-ejaKiM1iQfX1jI7lXK3cSz-sETVEgv8zPQIO790mEQDXeOxIiPc2G9snPDLLFNKBEtmxh2ThuTDKTLlcRE2nVcUBUjCdxw8LSDJ6374U8PtWahNv7AXtSMQpVVVBNvJT8h7PIVxEweIGKqbArF1YXCeNYMKcMOu_zGO68Aq6gPOGeLQ6THrHgSzm2TriKb1BVAlIti6bZ8pnJfomspmXyVrghgM6le2IVn8pI6Ly8Ob4HNgVrhCDdQoQw8tHdNS4gPE59UZrnBOk6cVKgUUm414aOMiDbItrWk11ALeKMAbpchW01OxaIUL3iMWl33-0ZL_vRUuxyECQy80bS1QTlpMb-6AqWdWvfh_fAcNFgYTmjfvw3CYrXjH5csyjiM=w1027-h771-no

Uj5bp8gmtKTSpyYFatu2MnbO0WIPlXrn2Ikv74lJCQRYFF6IZyHwmeE3TCK_BjBO9VfnHM48GKjoabSyOAa4vYKsm0E4sktE7L71FgYL0gZJPYS253GvMkPUFI0EzAzyrmDv5L6OA9IkWstoU-ptLS3VEUwqlEoRMR35Srul7exHNrD_9Xgzdd5O1vUKLjtf1aVVL_80zetgCfTQ48XDmGQ0xZaVmobLiKVhVi872igYF7aBxYOYyGGkl99d-iZxCoT2Hq1C25FEntfSh_bdWXQuY2UCUEddkyyZneKrkSHLH1l0Ef7NxXQjkrLmY54zD0TAj9aLjCV-Jld-n5kGKvbF5T84fB-01sK09NGu-KQj2xNcmfbxRlQvDXtvhlOmPP9mAhaz2dy10XH-1IVX21cD1iSk2aaK6OqQdwIzzRGZP8XRbchrB8VSgtImj954amUk9Fr3zDHRd1F1Rshj8NQJRFjPTi2ME6AYOpSe53vYnfjsJibpvIgREZFTHOOXdroipeeFpKZ7Bp9CvSkd3V_AcdLnNT0U1JzUJH1Xz5z7pUtOvRTEY_dehvJoPOGV8nX-Iiug8ktGpHXNNPqNzYSpQnUQvOgoXDZbEvjWETn3cspc=w1027-h771-no

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Whoa...those are jaw droppingly cool, Steve, love the tread...may have to get those for my gold 14" BBS basketweaves.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
amazing ... they look great. i have always loved the cn-36 tires. so are the other 4 for the coupe that's on the other side of the garage door (that isn't open)?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah not cheap but higher rated and less expensive than the Vredestein sprint classic and Michelin xwx which are obscenely priced and way out of my league especially since i dont own a Dino. I've been busting my ass at work and this is my eye candy treat and they are being laundered from the cfo like never before.

They do have a DOT number on them and they are W rated which means i will have no issues getting to starbucks.

Made in the pirelli factory, not in a chinese sweatshop under license.

Yes scott, they will also be going on the Ceylon with the stock rims.

Wow... Those are wicked; expensive, but wicked.

Are they DOT stamped?

Ed

Last edited: