Mintgrün: Yes it is a factory e9 color!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Edit: This is a confirmed factory color as seen further down the thread.

Hi Folks,

This is the second e9 I've seen online in this color. The other was for sale about six months ago in Europe. Possibly the same car. I assumed that this wasn't an option, but figured I'd check. I have large pics of the car that was for sale if anyone is interested in seeing them. I like the color. Does it look like mintgrun to you?

13129124_590867041084260_313096388_n.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
mint_bmw2.jpg
mint_bmw4.jpg
Here is the car that was for sale about six months back. I think it looks beautiful! Mintgrun was never offered correct?

Bavaria:

Vince Strazzabosco bought this European-spec 1975 2500 Automatic, originally delivered to the Koch BMW dealer in Rellingen and brought to the US in 1996. It's color code 079, Mintgruen.
vince_strazzabosco_b.jpg

Last edited:

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Mint Green was a 70's colour . Paint code 079 . BMW archive will be able to confirm original colour if you get the VIN...or the code should be on the door jamb plate .

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not a US color through 74, perhaps 75 in Europe. It was on square tail 2002s in US in 75 and 76.

Edit: Oops, wrong again, it's in the Orange Parts books but I still think it came out in 1975. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
isn't that mint green (mintgrun)? that is a factory BMW color, i've just never seen a coupe that color ... i much prefer taiga.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not a US color through 74, perhaps 75 in Europe. It was on square tail 2002s in US in 75 and 76.

Edit: Oops, wrong again, it's in the Orange Parts books but I still think it came out in 1975. Anyone know for sure?

Mintgrun was available in '74 have a friend, Lee Perault, who took delivery of her US spec '02 in Munch 1974.

Reactions: dp

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like mintgrun, especially on a 2002. It would be cool if the owner of the one FS could email the archive and get the original color. The car has all of the stickers on it, but it looks a bit fresh to be original.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's a great looking colour and I have only ever seen it on a 2002 once. Although the problem with Mintgrun being quite rare, when I first saw one I immediately wrongly assumed it was a Taiga paint job gone wrong and I felt sorry for the car's owner (until I checked the BMW paints colours sold). The other interesting green is Florida, but I think more of a 2002 colour only.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 7.02.51 AM.png

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

I think you are right about '74/'75. If you can ignore the model for a moment, there are many signs that this is a late model car. It has black wipers, a black grille, shoulder belts (other photo) perforated door panels (other photo), and electric mirrors. The seats also have horizontal pleats and black plastic headrest caps.

see_me_naked__by_mschilli.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is official folks!

FYI - The vin was sourced from the "HSEXCLUSIV" car shown above.

Dear Markos

Thank you for your email.

The BMW 3.0 CS Automatic VIN 4320423 was manufactured on November 11th, 1974 and delivered on November 20th, 1974 to the BMW dealer Geishauser in Erkrath. The original colour was Mintgrün, paint code 079.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Julia Oberndörfer