WTB: Nice E9 - $70k

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Starting a new thread as my older one from October was a bit long at this stage. I have learned a lot in my search thus far and am thankful for all of the help I have received from people in the E9 community (Chris M, Mike B, Mario L, Don L, etc.) The knowledge shared amongst this group is incredible.

My budget is up to $70k for the right car. Perhaps widening my budget will open up some new leads.

I am looking for a very clean, turnkey car which has been well maintained. Ideally I would like a car with Alpinas, CN springs, HD shocks, etc. I would like to avoid cars needing big bumper conversions or any other non-trivial work.

3.0CS / 3.0CSi / 3.5CSi - I have decided against a stock 2800CS for the time being. I prefer the upgraded brakes and other features of the 3.0's. Modified 2800's are fine as well.

I am not a big fan of the following colors - White, Verona, Nevada, Sahara. Ideally car will be kept in it's original paint color.

Feel free to PM me with any info you have on potential sales. I am (still) looking forward to joining the E9 club.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i hope you find it ... i wouldn't rule a 2800cs out if it has already had the rear swing arms changed as well as all 4 vented rotors / calipers ... especially if it has a 3.5L injected engine + 5 speed.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The suspension stuff is easy and quick to change. Just keep that in mind.

I totally under stand the desire for a turnkey car, and I can understand why bumper conversions and auto to manual transmission conversions would put you off. Expensive, time consuming, and parts are hard to come by. But suspension is simple with off the shelf parts.

I am certain you will find what you are after.

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Call me in 200 hours then :) I am not looking to sponsor a project completion at this stage. Looking for a turnkey car which is already finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Call me in 200 hours then :) I am not looking to sponsor a project completion at this stage. Looking for a turnkey car which is already finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll sell my car for half as much as Rex, but it needs 400 hours of labor. :D I should be done with my project just in time to sell it to pay for my kid's college. +1 vote for turnkey!

Robert A

Reaction score
Not interested in the Professor? A2800CS but well sorted and a lot less than 70k

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what i like about the 2.8L is how quickly it spools up ... similar to the way the 3.0csi does ... its the higher compression i think. i have to agree about the brakes of the 3.0cs ... vented disks all the way around. my coupe will go one better when it goes out to see SFDon (when it gets out of the friggin paint shop and gets put back together) ... we will put early e24 based calipers rebuilt by PMB ... along with the euro b34.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your engine awaits you!

Attachments

• IMG_4893.JPG
    IMG_4893.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4894.JPG
    IMG_4894.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 153

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, that is quite the assembly line you have got there.

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are we going to share the findings on the ppi on the black '74?
Might save folks some time and grief.

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
One more bump... Two more months of summer here in Boston... Plenty of good leads but have not found the right car just yet.