Would you consider these wheels on a Coupe?

66toaster

Reaction score
Basketweave patterned wheels

I previously had 2 BMWs over 14 years that had the basketweave pattern. Too time consuming keeping those guys clean. Good riddance!

TodB

Reaction score
Imo

IMO, the BBS RS' look better on Coupes than the Alpinas. For that $, you should be able to find a set of RS' with the gold centers. Go for it.

They are a bitch to clean but the Alpina's aren't much fun either. You could have worse problems :?

I'd even trade my finished near mint, staggered Alpinas with brand new Dunlops for a mint set of staggered BBS RS' with or without tires

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys, I think I blew it!

After about two weeks of looking at those wheels and considering, I finally called the seller. I tried to set up my long drive to Orange County to check them out for tomorrow but alas! Someone had just committed to buy the things.

So, after all of that, I don't think there's anything I can do now to get my hands on them. Downside: Your wasted time and effort! Upside: I have a more realistic view of cleaning basketweave-style wheels. I've also decided I like the BBSs a little better, I think.

Anyway, sorry for the letdown! I guess I'll just have to post the next possible batch here when they appear.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
There is a nice set of 16" Weds on ebay right now.

Paint the centers silver, polish the lips and you'll have a nice "faux" Alpina look.

Check out my car below for what the 14's looks like.

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Internet works in mysterious ways...

Thought I should bring this thread full circle:

After swinging and missing on the Enkeis, then trying to snipe a set of 16x7.5 Fox 3 Evos on eBay but losing because I got logged out of eBay at the last second, I was discouraged. So I went back to Craig's List to continue the search, and sure enough, right in in Van Nuys, and for less than the asking price of the Enkeis, were these:

attachment.php

The guy who sold them used to race the E28 that was attached to them. He is proud of the 'patina' they have. I'm debating whether I want to refinish them when it comes time to rotate the tires again but I plan to just drive them and admire them for a while first. Now I just need to get the car back on the ground!

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 150