window seal

alanmcg

Reaction score
happy new year coupsters.

am wondering if anyone can help with a window adjustment question. on the drivers side, where the front and back window meet, i have about a 3/8 inch gap, which allows a lot of wind noise - see pic below. all seals are new, and i cant figure out how or if this can be adjusted.

any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2011-01-02 15.11.06.jpg
    2011-01-02 15.11.06.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 282

o

Reaction score
Mine has the same as this but i'm not sure how to solve it..

o :)

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
happy new year coupsters.

am wondering if anyone can help with a window adjustment question. on the drivers side, where the front and back window meet, i have about a 3/8 inch gap, which allows a lot of wind noise - see pic below. all seals are new, and i cant figure out how or if this can be adjusted.

any help much appreciated.

hi i can not tell precisely due to see only one pic, but it seems that you have a lot of rubber over there in the top, that is causing interference with the top part of the front window not allowing the glass to close that gap, you can see in the arrowed pic

Dibujojioooooooooo.jpg

i would take a look to the assembly of the rear window alu profile and the mentioned rubber

try this: meassure the position of the top of the front window relative to the trim moulding in the roof, then open the rear window, and close the front door again, measure that position again, maybe you will find that without the interference the front wilndow is going towards inside the car

can you pic some details of the mentioned parts (alu profile + rubber), who has changed those parts ? yourself or others ? before the change, did the problem appeared ?

regards

Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
Window Adjustment

Besides the other posters relevant comments of interference of the rubber profiles (perhaps needs some final trimming), there are adjustments.

First determine the height of the decorative strip across the window to the rubber profile. The repair manual mentions 30mm. The electric motor area has a stop that adjusts full open and closed that might get that part. ( Lower the glass slightly; it's probable the new profile is slightly larger.)

Second, below the door ( bottom horizontal) is a bolt ( 1 front, and 1 rear) that allows movement of the frame/ glass to pivot slightly in or out at the top. This does require to reset the glass roller position adjustment in the door frame to fit tight so the window doesn't shake, rattle, etc. (probably a good idea to check it anyway, if you're like me and get annoyed by little rattles.)

Pls. check the repair manual- body equipment, adjustment and electric window fittment, if I recall.

On the first item above, the trim on the top of the glass; try to determine if it's sitting flush on the glass or there's a gap. Might be as simple as carefully removing and resetting it. Razor blade to break the seal.

alanmcg

Reaction score
thnks!

thnks for both posts - im on it tomorrow and will let you know how i go.

you really gotta love this forum!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Having just rebuilt my window regulators, I remember if you you take off the panel there are a couple mounting points top and bottom where you'll be able to tweak the angle etc. of the window as it goes up and down. I fiddled with my driver's side to get it to raise at the correct angle.