What did you do to your E9 today?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Removed my triple Webers today to rebuild them for the drive to up to the Vintage. Couldn't believe how dirty and gummed up they were so I checked my reciepts and realized I installed them back in 1990. Amazing that they actually made it (with a little drama) all the way across the Country to Monterey. I will try to clean them up some but would never dare park next to Stevehose and his pristine set up.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Switched out the old blue/white dot cocomats to the blue/black Chequer pattern and it looks fab. More subdued than appears in the sunlight of the driver side of the pic (more like how the passenger side appears). I will be giving away the old set (faded but in good nick) in a separate thread if anyone can use them.

mKbJUDsbfLmkvnkx1kjAdnvboXZIS8shbENf-ZcI851t7lYwrdhgDVjXcZ9pbVbZgso_lL6Vdbmp_TF5yFk9tWbKJKMFRpjWJheDcbuG8QvyYuFDUx5Gyx03_gZqBMYxLGD06F9g4x7tjZZcGwtSagkejHjlYFP_c5Tr9uLDT2BRighjypwzCskVvPgqyx4mP2CvLy_UmrPc2Q6NlKZT1qesrEKIBjQDGNsfJzwTBsqVniIFDa_EPPfARAg8Y06zayHbhZxYO_bv1-S7I6AbT7zT-_pE7TzbsfHhvK0F8dl7f2OKvl2DTwxgQDy9LnB73O7E_2abcC4cf5bTVMWZB4-vDvckOMXXgYbEEs4GKPuQrB0GFiIirCheulzxQmCC8p4EqxUi_G845yAAj5DANljdChuJ0mqadxf5k48NNQRsqeO8L1HzzhhJRlLv1Ntfyo7cpqTGA6aGYUTQ3Aw2azteM8NIoA5BlFbiIU-3A2Hfpbz3c_U6P-mpVsuKclx-22DjjMvO98z47MW-sLG3Z9kqWvK3qW_QychagzeI8XdsPf7HvDWr1O0R7FlNOEDyuthwIT-_A2tUh7rfsINbwpf9VP7nR-tz2A7VMWpFAlkmlNM_RgU4=w1028-h771-no

yep, now i see why you changed the cocomats. these look great in your coupe.

Dohn

Reaction score
Switched out the old blue/white dot cocomats to the blue/black Chequer pattern and it looks fab. More subdued than appears in the sunlight of the driver side of the pic (more like how the passenger side appears). I will be giving away the old set (faded but in good nick) in a separate thread if anyone can use them.

mKbJUDsbfLmkvnkx1kjAdnvboXZIS8shbENf-ZcI851t7lYwrdhgDVjXcZ9pbVbZgso_lL6Vdbmp_TF5yFk9tWbKJKMFRpjWJheDcbuG8QvyYuFDUx5Gyx03_gZqBMYxLGD06F9g4x7tjZZcGwtSagkejHjlYFP_c5Tr9uLDT2BRighjypwzCskVvPgqyx4mP2CvLy_UmrPc2Q6NlKZT1qesrEKIBjQDGNsfJzwTBsqVniIFDa_EPPfARAg8Y06zayHbhZxYO_bv1-S7I6AbT7zT-_pE7TzbsfHhvK0F8dl7f2OKvl2DTwxgQDy9LnB73O7E_2abcC4cf5bTVMWZB4-vDvckOMXXgYbEEs4GKPuQrB0GFiIirCheulzxQmCC8p4EqxUi_G845yAAj5DANljdChuJ0mqadxf5k48NNQRsqeO8L1HzzhhJRlLv1Ntfyo7cpqTGA6aGYUTQ3Aw2azteM8NIoA5BlFbiIU-3A2Hfpbz3c_U6P-mpVsuKclx-22DjjMvO98z47MW-sLG3Z9kqWvK3qW_QychagzeI8XdsPf7HvDWr1O0R7FlNOEDyuthwIT-_A2tUh7rfsINbwpf9VP7nR-tz2A7VMWpFAlkmlNM_RgU4=w1028-h771-no

Steve, what do the toggles on the side of the steering column do? Oil sprayer and ejector seat? Q would be proud.

Those mats look great in your beautiful car. By the way, your leather Petri looks pretty dang good, too. The whole picture tells me I have a lot of detailing to do before the Vintage.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The switches were from a previous owner, one was up/down for the old Hirschmann power antenna - likely installed by the dealer - and another was to switch in an italian trumpet air horn installed under the headlight access plate. Took me a while to figure that out when i got the car. Now they are cut out switches for a new automatic antenna for when i dont want it to go up like when bluetoothing music and the other is to disable the driving lights which otherwise go on with the high beams.

I wish one was an Illudium Q-36 Explosive left lane squatter weapon!

Steve, what do the toggles on the side of the steering column do? Oil sprayer and ejector seat? Q would be proud.

Those mats look great in your beautiful car. By the way, your leather Petri looks pretty dang good, too. The whole picture tells me I have a lot of detailing to do before the Vintage.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score

Love the chequers!, I have the same ones in my coupe and my '02. I even put them in our bright red Wrangler- red and black, of course.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally getting around to replacing the tires that are older than I care to admit. Here's the tight squeeze that I'm currently dealing with:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally getting around to replacing the tires that are older than I care to admit. Here's the tight squeeze that I'm currently dealing with:

That is a tight squeeze...easier to work outside, I would think. Nice Lokari fender liners by the way.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Funny you should mention tires. I snapped a pic of mine yesterday for a member and it came to my attention that they should be replaced. This is why I have only driven my car a few miles under 40. :)

Fortunately on Saturday I squirreled away a set of 16" Weds with new Michelins. I can't wait to get them on in a few weeks.

IMG_0220.JPG

That is 15x7 ET11 off the inside of the rear fender. The pic is deceiving. About .25" of clearance.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is a tight squeeze...easier to work outside, I would think. Nice Lokari fender liners by the way.
Hey Andrew, I need to do a double-swap on the tires (e9 is donating the old tires to the e12) and my local shop said it would take a couple of days to squeeze them in... and its raining/snowing right now. Basically, I didn't want to leave the car on jack stands in the rain. Oh, and my driveway is too steep to work on. So, I squeezed my fatass into the garage. Which is why I'm currently waiting on permitting so I can build out the back of the garage. It looks like you haven't been on the garagejournal site lately, but I have the plans for the expansion laid out there.

Markos - I should have photos of my refurb'd WEDS mounted on the e12 soon...

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey those WEDS really transform the car. they look SOOOO much better than the steelies that you took off. excellent

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mako, when did you buy that First 5? Don't recall it when I was there in August. Looks awesome by the way. Are you on mye28.com...I just add to my build thread over there and don't spend a lot of time perusing.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
hey those WEDS really transform the car. they look SOOOO much better than the steelies that you took off. excellent

Thanks, Scott! In the last week I also put in a set of Scheels and a Motorsport steering wheel so nobody will recognize it since it came out of hibernation.