The Vintage May 19-21 2017 in Asheville NC

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you Benji, ready to go in Greenville!
IMG_1492.JPG

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
When its almost in your back yard, the Vintage is even more fun. I'm only an hour from Asheville, which is full of good food, beer, and this weekend, great cars. Last year was BMW overload, and this year promises to be even better, albeit maybe a little warmer. I'd looked forward to putting some faces with familiar names (or code names..), and planned to bring the Polaris Polecat instead of the usual 02,...some restored wood, a chrome rear bumper, some tshirts, and various other "extras"...
...But my loving wife is having micro-surgery on her back Thur (in Asheville!), and I think I will be here at home nursing...Not sure what shape she will be on Sat, and if all goes well, maybe a quick trip to the Springs to give some howdy's, as our dog says...I was/am supposed to pick up a part or two from a couple of folks, and will send them separate notes. So...If anyone wants to stop by for a beer we'll be here in Morganton Fri and Sunday for sure..ALSO, have a 72 3.0cs for sale that is a solid project, that I have decided not to finish (bought for my wife..engine/auto trans sourced through Murray Fowler 70K miles), as I still have more to do on the Polecat and other toys. We are about 12 mins north of I-40. Everyone travel safely and have a great time...
Dave V. in Morganton, NC
eight two eight, 443, fourteen oh four

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will be there in my M5 of course since the coupe is still in surgery.
I see people going to Sierra Nevada Thursday evening.
I would like to join in. Andrew and I can park our M5's together. Aww!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You are of course welcome to join us Thursday at Sierra Nevada Gary. Will be a pleasure to park next to you. There's a shuttle that leaves from the Clarion if some people prefer to do that.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3404.JPG
Drove up to Orlando this morning to load the coupe on the Autotrain and opened a bottle of Cabernet in my sleeper room to celebrate. I will wake up tomorrow in DC and join in on the group drive down to Asheville on Thursday.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You are of course welcome to join us Thursday at Sierra Nevada Gary. Will be a pleasure to park next to you. There's a shuttle that leaves from the Clarion if some people prefer to do that.
We went there last year and huge crowds so be prepared to wait. Just saying.............

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What about a trip to Tail of the Dragon early Friday am instead of going to the BMW thing? Looks like +- 4 hour round trip. If not I may hit it on the way home Sunday. I may never have my coupe up there so close again. Has anyone done this?

http://tailofthedragon.com/

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey Chris, how many coupes fit in that trailer? i will have to schedule a ride out to Don's later this summer

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott,

Just two coupes, Bob makes the trip back and forth all the time, not cheap but it was less than Passport. Don L uses him and referred me to him, he lives near Knoxville or thereabouts.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tail of the dragon is a beast of a road - i did it in the cayman s. 318 curves in 11 miles. there are other great roads in that area. beware there are generally 4 or so radar traps that are routinely along the way, especially during weeks there aren't any events ... 1 near the beginning, 1 in the middle and up to 3 near the end. and there is a scheduled event this weekend zdayz is from the 18th and blue mustang is the 19th ... but nothing on sunday.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
hey Chris, how many coupes fit in that trailer? i will have to schedule a ride out to Don's later this summer

Fly Don to Greenville and have him do the work in my shop. That will be cheaper than shipping the car twice and then my kids can hang with uncle Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What about a trip to Tail of the Dragon early Friday am instead of going to the BMW thing? Looks like +- 4 hour round trip. If not I may hit it on the way home Sunday. I may never have my coupe up there so close again. Has anyone done this?

http://tailofthedragon.com/

Did it in 2007 in the '97 M3 on our way back from a wedding in Memphis. Do it Sunday on the way home.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Just booked a room at the Wyndham for friday - sunday. Any northeast coupes driving through the DC area thursday / friday? Would love to caravan down if possible. Will be bringing the e9 and the e28 (friend driving down with me). The interior panel on the sunroof is still not installed and there are a ton of odds and ends that i have yet to get to, but whatever... Its always a work in progress, right? Fingers crossed for good weather.

Edit - What time is the caravan leaving from Dulles on Thursday?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just booked a room at the Wyndham for friday - sunday. Any northeast coupes driving through the DC area thursday / friday? Would love to caravan down if possible. Will be bringing the e9 and the e28 (friend driving down with me). The interior panel on the sunroof is still not installed and there are a ton of odds and ends that i have yet to get to, but whatever... Its always a work in progress, right? Fingers crossed for good weather.

Edit - What time is the caravan leaving from Dulles on Thursday?

Hey Richard -- good to hear from you. We are finalizing plans for the caravan tomorrow night. One of our compatriots is working on a route for us; his ideas were better than mine. Best guess is that we will be leaving around 8am and if we are heading West on I 66 we likely will meet up at the I 66 VA welcome center West of Hwy 28 (Assuming we head West on I66 and then onto I 81 for a bit.) If this changes I will let you know. Some of the guys want to leave earlier, so that is a possibility.

Send me your phone number via a private conversation and I will text you tomorrow evening.