"Special" Coupe Sighting

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, I've seen E9s driving "in the wild", and I've been around other E9s when I've been with mine (at meet-ups and shows). But today I finally spotted another coupe in the wild while I was in mine and driving. I guess it had to happen eventually! Anyway, it was an Inka (or maybe Colorado) CSL. It had the black decals on the sides and I think even the air splitters on the fenders. It was on a car carrier going north on U.S. 101 in South San Luis Obispo county. I know not everyone likes coupe sighting posts but it looked like a special car and I wondered if it was destined near where I live. Any ideas whose car it could be?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If one of the coupes was on a car carrier it does not count as an encounter...
Read the TL:DR;

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If we count coupe on a carrier, then folks will count empty carrier on the way to carry a coupe, and then carrier with a different car but carried a coupe the day before, and then driver thinking about carrying a coupe in the future, and then driver thinking, and then driver.

I am the bouncer manning the fence right where the slope turns slippery.

Keep driving!

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
If we count coupe on a carrier, then folks will count empty carrier on the way to carry a coupe, and then carrier with a different car but carried a coupe the day before, and then driver thinking about carrying a coupe in the future, and then driver thinking, and then driver.

Keep driving!

And here I stand.

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
I should have followed it. It would have counted as soon as it was returned to the road. Two wheels on pavement or all four??

???????

Dohn

Reaction score

Keep driving!

After all that, I need to recouperate.

Dohn

Reaction score

Keep driving!

After all that I need to recouperate...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Keep driving!
Sounds like the entry to the Twilight Zone

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How about this:
'Coupe spottings' are preferred if they are under their own power, and in the wild...

;)

And decals are not sufficient to declare a CSL sighting. Either badge or VIN criteria must be met.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Carriers don't count......period. If you can't run the owner down while driving...move on! No photos, nothing. Wild is wild.......

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyway, somewhere north of me is a cool orange coupe with stickers and a few dead bugs on it. I'll be looking for it at this or that meet-up and we can find out of it's a legit CSL.