Spare keys

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
well here's something....I came across some Bav/3.0Si parts a while ago, and in the ignition switch were key copies with the name "Belfair Bob's Locksmith" imprinted on the keyring end. They were exact copies of the original. This must go back decades. Just phoned him. Located in Washington State. He says it may be still possible if he can see a photo in an email. perhaps try him at : [email protected]. Good luck! Mike

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I talked to a good key guy here in LA and he said he had Pembra keys in his shop and could do one no prob. I'll find his name again...I need some spares, too.

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
well here's something....I came across some Bav/3.0Si parts a while ago, and in the ignition switch were key copies with the name "Belfair Bob's Locksmith" imprinted on the keyring end. They were exact copies of the original. This must go back decades. Just phoned him. Located in Washington State. He says it may be still possible if he can see a photo in an email. perhaps try him at : [email protected]. Good luck! Mike

That's great, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
I was able to get a spare made directly from BMW. We snapped a photo of the key, and they cut it in New York. The parts person at my local dealer was very helpful. Even got a BMW CCA discount :) BTW, the sales staff freaked out over the car. They don't see many old timers roll through there.

IMG_1616.jpg