Roller Jacks

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Would like to by a set, either hydraulic or just basic caster setup; anyone have any experience/recommendation for a particular brand? Thanks.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have two different brands of hydraulic ones and they all leak to some extent. They still work but make a mess. Harbor Freight sells a mechanical one, no hydraulics, and I've been very impressed with it. Clever design and works very well. $80, minus the 20% coupon found in every other magazine.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Luis. These look like a good option; not crazy about leaking hydraulic fluid, and I've heard that a car can slip off the shelf-type dollies if they don't have a side rail...

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Go Jacks.

At the risk of being shot down for price. I bit the bullet and bought Go-Jacks, I only have these, so cannot comment on others, but I could not be more happy with the ones I have.

73 E3

Reaction score
I've got an aluminum 1.5 ton floor jack from Harbor Freight as well as a set of their aluminum 3 ton jack stands. I've had both for 2 years now without any problems. I love the light weight, makes throwing it under the car a painless task. Cost around $75 for the floor jack and $60 for 2 sets of jack stands using their coupons.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Go Jacks versus cheap cr*p

At the risk of being shot down for price. I bit the bullet and bought Go-Jacks, I only have these, so cannot comment on others, but I could not be more happy with the ones I have.

We use these at the office and they are the best. But they are nearly $500 for a set of 2. We have no problems with cars coming off them. and you can use them without a floor jack (a HUGE benefit)

The only 3 drawbacks I can see is they might temporarily "flat spot" the tires if you leave a car on them for a long period of time, they stick out just a little which means you can't get your cars packed it as tight, and I can't afford them. I use a cheap sh*t set of imported dolly with curved beds from HF, but they don't "flat-spot" the tire belts. They don't roll as easily as the good stuff, but I can leave an old car on one for an entire winter and in the spring the tires are still round. At the recent Jag meeting, we had a silent auction and a set of gojacks went for $250. I would have gotten them had I not been stuck in stupid Boston traffic.

Another solution is to buy smaller, lighter cars, so the tires can't flat-spot and even the cheap rollers work well enough.

Last edited: