Registro Pietro Frua on board

Registro Pietro Frua

Reaction score
Hello,

my name is Stefan Dierkes from Germany. I am a motor historian doing research on the life and work of the Italian designer and coachbuilder Pietro Frua (1913-1983). I publish the results of my ongoing research on my website www.pietro-frua.de.

I am happily looking forward to share information on the coachbuilt BMW with Frua bodies wirh you. See an overview at www.pietro-frua.de/bmw.htm

Greetings,
Stefan

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very, very interesting. Congratulations for your project, great work!

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Stefan for sharing your amazing website.
That BMW 2800 GTS Coupe 1969 in Verde Green Metallic, is probably about the most beautiful BMW I have ever set eyes on.
(why oh why did someone chop a PVC sunroof into it and change the paint colour in 1989)

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Stefan,
I am a huge Frua fan. I currently own (2) 1600GT's and (1) 1700GT cabriolet. It is my understanding that the GLAS 1700GT Cabriolet was Frua's favorite design. Can you confirm it? Chris

Registro Pietro Frua

Reaction score
Stefan,
I am a huge Frua fan. I currently own (2) 1600GT's and (1) 1700GT cabriolet. It is my understanding that the GLAS 1700GT Cabriolet was Frua's favorite design. Can you confirm it? Chris
Chris,
Frua did not mention his favorite design, but he owned a Glas 1700 GT Coupé for his personal use until his death.
Stefan

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you Stefan, I know nothing about the subject but always willing to learn, I found both links very interesting and will share with a friend who owns one of these (1600 GT I think?) down here in Austin Texas