rear seats

KARNUT1

Reaction score
original pigskin leather mint but for the rip on the side that is easy to fix and WILL NOT SHOW $650
2 frt orig nos t signal lenses factory in the bag $100 for 2

Attachments

• IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    843.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    843.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    1,008 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 246
Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
when are the ripoffs gonna end? you can buy both of the turn signal lenses from getbmwparts for under 115 bucks. why pay an extra 285 bucks? and these are NOT the desirable euro lenses. you can get the euro lenses from W+N for 67 euro for the pair.

KARNUT1

Reaction score
seats in pomona area 91765 american version t sig lights orig factory not repros

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the lenses are US versions, not euro versions. if you want some of the big bulbous US versions, buy them from the dealer (getbmwparts.com) and save a LOT of money buying from the dealer. the dealer isn't selling repros. better yet, by the euro originals from W+N (not repros either) ... and for 67 euro for the pair.

skb

Reaction score
Do you have tan front door panels matching those seats?

Wladek

Reaction score
the lenses are US versions, not euro versions. if you want some of the big bulbous US versions, buy them from the dealer (getbmwparts.com) and save a LOT of money buying from the dealer. the dealer isn't selling repros. better yet, by the euro originals from W+N (not repros either) ... and for 67 euro for the pair.
I asked W&N about a year ago for lenses and A.Nesch answered that they are not original Sidler. The only original Sidler they have is in complete set with chrome frame etc. for about 170 EUR.

lloyd

Reaction score
original pigskin leather mint but for the rip on the side that is easy to fix and WILL NOT SHOW $650

The pictured seats look pretty.

Did the factory ever cover seats with pigskin, versus cowhide? In other words, would these seats match "original" front seats in texture, if not in color? At the risk of being too clinical, or hyper-technical, is pigskin any more or less resistant to staining from sweat or fading - than cowhide? Or, is all of this relative to the source and tanning process, rather than the hide type? Is there an advantage to the choice of pigskin as auto upholstery - over other hides? (I wont ask about ostrich, corfam, reptile or nauga. o_O)

I am no leather aficianado.

pig  skin (2).JPG

Hush Puppies
hqdefault.jpg

Corfam
Corfam+ad+1966.JPG

Ostrich
Auto%20Car%20Tuning%20Exotic%20Leather%20-%20Alligator%20and%20Ostrich%20Skin.jpg

Croc
306-porsche-cayenne-crocodile.jpg

Lizard
nintchdbpict0003147312551.jpg

Fir?
41rXWhNwupL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tartan
Housses-de-si%C3%A8ge-de-si%C3%A8ge-de-voiture-SUZUKI-Sx4-Liana-Swift-Jimny-accessoires-de-voiture-ensemble.jpg_640x640.jpg

Thomas Hardy
3_star_sheepskin_seat_covers_midnight_grey.jpg

Does it come with remote control and chilled beluga?
Universal-Real-font-b-Sheepskin-b-font-Car-font-b-Seat-b-font-font-b-Cover.jpg

For the rarest of all E9 interiors. (Mit out Hofmeister Kink?)

how%20to%20clean%20king%20ranch.jpg

Nauga
naugahyde-advertising.jpg

Last edited:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 2800CS coupes came with pigskin leather. In appearance, they had "opened pores" throughout every inch of the leather. As to the durability of pigskin vs cowhide, can't answer that.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have some original blue 2800cs leather. it is leather, the hide structure looks like normal cowhide leather. open pore has more to do with the top surface of the leather not being removed. this is full grain (which is the top of the leather), not to be confused with 'top' grain leather ... which means "topped" grain, where the removal of the top layers of the leather.

i have heard the 'pigskin' description before on this forum ... but there were some discussions that eliminated that claim as i remember.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yep, pigskin was only in tan from what I've seen and only on early 2800 cars. My first coupe was a Nevada 2800CSa with pigskin interior- beautiful car.. but I didn't appreciate it in my "youth". My new to me 2800 Sedan (also in Nevada) has some pigskin in it so I'm thinking there's a Nevada color connection here?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some interesting info in these last few posts. But this should really be moved into its own separate discussion, shouldn't it?

lloyd

Reaction score
Yep, pigskin was only in tan from what I've seen and only on early 2800 cars. My first coupe was a Nevada 2800CSa with pigskin interior- beautiful car.. but I didn't appreciate it in my "youth". My new to me 2800 Sedan (also in Nevada) has some pigskin in it so I'm thinking there's a Nevada color connection here?

Based upon what I am reading in this thread, BMW's pigskin seats were full grain (thanks rsporsche) and evidently had large "open pore" texture throughout. To my untrained eyes, the for-sale seats here appear to be covered in smooth, uniform "top grain." Since there is no specific data regarding durability comparisons between porcine and bovine covers, would they feel any different to the touch?

I can't recall pigskin being used for seat coverings (versus cowhide) by any major auto manufacturer anymore than I can recall pigskin being used for shoes, except for the Hushpuppies brand. Were other manufacturers known for using pigskin in their interiors? Is there a generally accepted reason for why the factory chose to favor one material over another? Cost? Availability? Skin size? Cultural sensitivities?

Is it safe to assume that pigskin would have been a secondary choice for leather, presumably as is the case with shoe leather and other "fine" leather furniture? I base this supposition on the notion that, for the most part, "Connolly Leather" (moo) was historically associated with the higher end auto manufactures - for a reason.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
request for Karnut1 - please show us a pic of the back side of the torn piece as well as a close up of the top surface ... it would be good to document this material.