Rear Bumper Slight Bow?

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm into my bumper conversion. Rear Bumper (pre 72 style) first. It seems to be very slow but I want it right. With the two pieces of the bumper together and fitting it to the body, I noticed that the bumper has a very slight bow up in the middle. I looked very carefully to see if it has possibly been bumped and bent but it does not look like it. Is the bumper suppose to have the slight bow or should it be flat. If flat is there something that needs to be adjusted with the three carriage bolts.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It should be flat but you will see many coupes with a slight bow, they are very difficult to get proper alignment unless your core is perfect.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want it perfect. I guess that's why its taking time to get it right and ask all the dumb questions. I was thinking about drilling out the bottom hole a bit to allow the bumper to bend down a bit more. I wanted to keep the top as is since it is just sloted. What do you think?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are you referring the center joint where the two halves meet? I have never done this myself but it might be worth a shot.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes the single one in the middle on the bottom of the bumper where the two pieces of the bumper come together and then get covered by the little "c" shaped piece. I think this will allow the bottom to spread out slightly and lower the top just enough to flatten it our.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks to all. Got them on. Still need to do all the alignment. But at least I got them on

Attachments

• Rear Bumper.jpg
    Rear Bumper.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 90