Pic Request: Rial Basket Weave Wheels on E9

M-System

Reaction score
16x8" - 16x9" ET11

Anybody have pics they can share of these on an E9?

Thanks

CIMG7695.jpg

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Grun?

Hi Oranger,
The green car in the photos; is that Zypressengrun-Metall.? or something else...it's very nice, and I'm not a grun person..thanks, Dave V. in NC-USA

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have Rials on my car.....but how to download the pic when it's limited to 20kb?

Post your pics on one of those free picture sharing sites (Photobucket, Flickr...) and upload the pics here by copying and pasting the pics' IMG codes

M-System

Reaction score
Thanks guys, keep the pics coming.

This set I have is in very good condition, but the clear coat is starting to come up on some spots along the rim. Will probably have the lips polished and re-coated.

M-System

Reaction score
Those sizes are bigger than you typically see fitted. They will look killer if you can pull it off though.
This picture is fuzzy but they look like the Rials.
The remotecs is this thread look great too.

Wow! Wish I had hi-res copies of both of those samples, thanks.
Remotecs looks great on that car.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Oranger,
The green car in the photos; is that Zypressengrun-Metall.? or something else...it's very nice, and I'm not a grun person..thanks, Dave V. in NC-USA

agave.jpg

Actually Dave, IIRC that color you (and I) like is Agave (green above)

Tundra%20CSi%20020.JPG

note: it's a non-metallic, unlike the semi-metallic Tundra car above.

Pic1001.jpg

mkraft

Reaction score
My first attempt at attaching a photohttp://www.e9coupe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=277&stc=1&d=1255026672

Attachments

• Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 966

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
attachment.php

We can even make the posting all Christmassy as such MKraft, being almost that time of year...da da da dah!
note the red tinted mesh on the wheels below?

CIMG1506.jpg

Note: Similar mesh wheels (with nice caps) and that strong Verona color, am I wrong isn't it the Red that just keeps on giving?
Personally I wonder if it wouldn't look good with Jaguar XKE spin-on spoke wheels as there's no chrome fender flares to make
the 'bling' more excessive than need be or to even come close to competing with the nice red color...!
(Just why the rectangular fogs below the bumper i'll never know...anyone agree?
might have looked cleaner to put some nice, bright and very round PIA's in the chin spoiler
pop outs...and just say that the brake cooling takes care of itself...@@!!)

See, that wasn't so hard now was it? Mostly it's deciphering the little icons and their respective purpose in life!
Very soon you'll have the hang of adding pics...If you next time (or in the practice area, main page) click
the square yellow TV icon above the white text area and place your URL code between the IMG (image)
code brackets that appear when you do click and WALLA! ...you are cooking, at least now with
a bit more visual emphasis in your lexicon...)

Cheers,

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
da grun

Actually, the Cypress green metallic that I saw was on a 320i thats on ebay/US right now, (copy says its a rare one year only color,.. that I liked alot) and the E9 with the mesh wheels had that sort of forest color, with metallic, that reminded me of it.
To me, Agave and Tundra both seem to have more blue in them? I shouldn't say, as my late dad's Agave 02 back in 74ish is a pretty faded memory. And I've never really been around Tundra much. The 1970 E9 in our for sale section seems to be on the blue end of the green scale. But, as I said, I'm not usually a green person, so I am easily way off base.
While I'm off base, sorry to horn in on the thread.... what do you think was going on at BMW to name three (at least) colors after parts or places in (at that time..) the CCCP....Taiga, Tundra, and Baikal...? I didn't think that they cared much for the Russians. Obviously didn't worry much about the marketing effect in the US either....

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Dave: I've modified a Registry color chart to more accurately reflect the differences between the seven shades of green that graced the CS Coupes. (Please be specific and refer to the given name or code # so we can tell predisely which you are referring to, OK?) The text at the bottom explains why colors like Turkis, Baikal Fjord and Ceylon are so infrequently seen as they were special order and VIN specific for certain models of the CS. Note only 2 were listed as metallic...Let's see if we can post up a few examples of each color. Recall too that Karmann stamped color codes on the door jamb plate.
Picture4a.jpg

We can start with Amen's TUNDRA #068 2800 Coupe below, which is up in the San Francisco area...

DSCF0571.jpg
Then below right we have this pretty MINT GREEN #079 3.0CSI in the Netherlands.
Note also that it's mis-labeled as an E3, which was the 4 door model.

Picture5.png
Mint30.jpg

I would speculate that this example might be Turkis #065/098. Note what appears to be a Ferrari emblem in front of the driver's door...

Turkis.jpg

I do know this next 3.0CSL to be Turkis... Note the sky is darkening and the paintwork is purposely dulled and is not shiny, like the example above...

Picture7-1.png

Picture5.png

This CSL Batwing below appears to represent the #076 AMAZON GREEN 'bling' crazed crowd... sure looks nice here!
Picture9-1.png

Below we see the Agave #071 as before, but now in context with the others...
Gorgeous color and a fabulous looking 'updated' example of the CS Coupe.

agave.jpg
Picture5.png

Next to last comes TIAGA GREEN #072 which is a very nice color.

Picture10.png

Last of the "more about green than you ever wished to know show" is what
I might refer to as #066 FLORIDA GREEN ... so very bright and snappy!

Picture11.png

This particular mulit wing CSL Batmobile being color sprayed most expertly...
at retail the paintwork just might eclipse the cost of the base car in 1980.

===============================================

Oh I almost forgot your comment about liking CYPRESS GREEN, Dave...

Picture2-2.png

Put on your shades and take a very close look at this
Green (or is it blue?) Alpina 3 series Cabriolet...!

I'll be 'Leaving the building now' folks!

See ya!

M-System

Reaction score
Ok, I see my thread was hijacked with green, but thats ok.
Any more pictures of Rial wheels on E9?

Last edited:

TimP

Reaction score
Both the "Mint Green " and "Florida Green" pictures are actually 072 "Taiga" and the "Taiga" pic is something else. Ask me how I know.

TimP
1973 Taiga CSI

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Ok show us the Karmann color stamp please...?

Not that I doubt these are yours but sometimes color is so difficult on these models...

Cheers!

Ran

Glanceb

Reaction score
photos

I can send you hi res photos of the remotecs, they are on my car, if you let me know your email address I will forward them on